“Proper Irish” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dubh Linn Irish Brew Pub
Ranked #33 of 252 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American, Irish, Brew Pub, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We offer made-from-scratch food using local ingredients when possible. We brew beer in our boutique nano-brewery and have the largest selection of Whiskey in Minnesota. We feature national comedy on Saturdays and live music during dinner. We hope you will visit us soon!
Greendale Wisconsin
“Proper Irish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Enjoyed a Saturday night dinner here of a very interesting version of Bangers & Mash. With a lot of Irish food experience I'm happy to say this Bangers & Mash was one of or the best I've seen. Without spoiling it, I will just say it works. What they do to the traditional dish works. My guests enjoyed their non-traditional dinners a well. The beer flight I embarked on was enjoyable. No beer complaint from me. Besides beer, they have an impressive wine and spirits list. The interior is nice and properly Irish. May not be much Gaelic spoken there, but Dubh Linn has everything else you can reasonably ask for this side of the ocean. I look forward to another visit.

• Visited August 2014

Apple Valley, Minnesota
“Their craft beer is watery...seriously lacking in flavor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is a review on their beer...not their food.

Typical micro breweries have an emphasis on quality of ingredients, flavor and technique. Now I cannot speak to their quality or technique, I can tell you that they definitely lacked in flavor, body and mouthfeel.

My friend and I each had a flight of the same brews. All had a similar characteristic in which the body was thin and the mouthfeel flat. It was almost as if all of their brews were still "green"...needed more time to mature and develop flavor. Even their IPA's had little hoppiness and left you asking...is this a coor's light in disguise?

If you're looking for good beer in Duluth, you dont have to go far...there are breweries popping up everywhere...I'd just say skip this place if it is the beer you're after. Go here for Jameson, the Irish food, or Taps from other breweries.

Visited July 2014
Duluth, Minnesota
“Great food and drink”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Lunch specials can come fast for those on a time limit. Awesome sandwiches and Irish food. Can't beat the Shepherd's Pie or the Gavin Sandwich. Virtually any whiskey/scotch that you could ever want to try. Have never had a bad meal or appetizer here. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited July 2014
Duluth, Minnesota
“Exquisite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

What a charming pub! We stopped by for lunch and we were so delighted. The staff was friendly and attentive. My husband was able to chat with one of the servers about their extensive scotch menu, the man was very knowledgable. We ended up getting a beer flight so we could sample some of the beer that they brew themselves. The Maple was my favorite and my husband enjoyed his Big Lake Stout.

For lunch, we ordered a Pico burger and a Reuben. The fries were crispy and tasty. The Reuben was the best Reuben I have ever tasted, a perfect balance of all of the ingredients and tender corned beef. I really enjoyed the lighter rye bread that they use, it didn't overwhelm the sandwich like dark rye bread does. I stole a bite of the pico burger that my husband ordered and that was equally delicious, cooked perfectly and juicy. It was a refreshing summer burger.

We had a lovely experience and will stop back the next time we are in Duluth, I'm dying to try the fish and chips!

• Visited April 2014
Hammond, Wisconsin
“Whiskey Galore event was a success! The Scotch and food paring was a wonderful idea.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Very entertaining, informative, and delicious. Nice size crowd. Staff was excellent and always there when you needed something. We plan to come back next year for more.

Visited April 2014

Been to Dubh Linn Irish Brew Pub? Share your experiences!