“Good food in a central location”

Grizzly's Wood-Fire Grill
Ranked #31 of 258 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Chanhassen, Minnesota
“Good food in a central location”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had a large group of 12+ that Grizzly's accommodated at the last minute. The service was good, and everyone liked their meals. I had a pretty ordinary salad, followed by the wood-roasted chicken with baked sweet potato. It was good. It was surprisingly quiet for a Saturday evening. Ambiance is casual and felt a little like a cross between a northwoods place and a sports bar. I liked it; didn't love it...and I'd go back.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank EllenLW

Minneapolis, United States
“Speedy, Friendly Service in the Heart of Duluth's Canal Park”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Grizzly's offers a warm family-friendly atmosphere with reasonable prices on good food. With tasty, familiar offerings from appetizers to desserts and ample seating for large groups or intimate seating for two, take time to relax and enjoy your meal and the friendly service will keep you coming back.
Grizzly's offers bar seating and numerous screens for watching sports and other entertainment while the main seating in the restaurant offers distraction free dining so you can focus on your guests at the table.
Of particular note, the Ribs make for a great meal, especially when paired with the Original BBQ sauce and a side sample of the whisky bourbon BBQ sauce, sweet potato, house salad and cole slaw.
After visiting Grizzly's in Duluth several times, we've walked away satisfied from both the ample portions and the attentive service.

• Visited April 2014
Bloomington, Minnesota
“Good food and bar (and wings)”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We visited Grizzly's in Canal Park for supper while we were in town. I'm always up for good wings and happy hour from 3-6p has 1-lb of wings for $6 (about 7-8 wings). They were better than your average wings that you can get at about 80% of any other restaurant. Crispy outside, tender inside, and the sauces are good. (about 6 or 7 choices). I had buffalo as well as Jam.Jerk wings. Sauces are briefly baked on so it sticks to the wings and doesn't all run onto the bottom of the basket. I ordered 2 1-lb baskets of wings...only disappointment was they only came with 2 celery sticks, and I still had plenty of ranch sauce to dip into without enough celery sticks to do it with. My wife's steak (sirloin) was average...no "wow factor." (The next night she had a similar steak at Blackwoods and said it was a little better there). The server (nice looking and friendly) was all smiles and attentive. It's a nice atmosphere and I would certainly go back when I'm in town. We ate at the Canal Park location.

Visited March 2014
Andover, Minnesota
“With all the other options, go somewhere else”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We had a really terrible experience at Grizzly's from the moment we were sat in the booth. The waitress took forever to come over to the table, then after ordering drinks we had another waitress who took over and was slightly more helpful. The kids menu is very standard, which is too bad considering they have the rotisserie chicken cooking right when you walk in and you can't even order some for kids. Hubby got the ribs which had a nice sauce (habanero) but were tough and chewy. I had a half chicken which was undercooked in the dark meat and a baked sweet potato that was the consistency of baby food. When I complained about the sweet potato they said it was the only way they could cook it. We both started with a caeser salad which had brown lettuce (yuck!) and we were upcharged for it without being told it was extra. When we told the waitress about the upcharge she apologized but just stood there. Not very good customer service, no attempts at making it a better experience. Go elsewhere. There are seriously so many other restaurants in the area.

• Visited March 2014
Brooklyn Park
“Great bartender... he gets it!”
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Got really good service from a knowledgeable bartender. I didn't eat here. Just had a really good bartender.