“great place”

Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk
Ranked #19 of 33 Hotels in Duluth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Nashwauk, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I chose this facility because of the reasonable price, the 20% discount for guests who would be using a nearby medical facility, and its close proximity to the medical center. A factor was also the fact that Duluth was expecting yet another blizzard on the evening before and the day that I was to enter the hospital, and my husband and I live a 2 -hour drive from Duluth. The room, while not terribly expensive, was clean and comfortable; and the staff was courteous and very helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Karen L,

Thanks for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to Duluth. I'm glad you were happy with the service and accommodations you received and that you found us to be a good value. I hope things went well at the medical center and that we can serve you here again when you can relax and enjoy more of our area.

Ken Jacobs
Guest Relations Manager
Hurley, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I travel a great deal for work and when I walked into this Days Inn, I was greeted with a smile and an awesome greeting. We asked the wonderful person at the front desk if she would be kind enough to arrange transportation for us to a local event. She told us to go to our room and relax and she would take care of everything. It worked great and this front desk attendant was awesome. One of the best that I have seen in over 200 motel reviews.

We went to our event and returned back to the motel for the evening. Again, the room was very nice, spacious, clean, and decorated very well. We woke up in the morning and headed down to have the breakfast. This is where things went very badly. We could not find a singe thing to eat. The only thing that they were serving is bakery, coffee, bread, and some cereals. I am on a high protein, low fat diet and I can tell you that there was not a single bit of protein on any portion of what was serving. We were so disappointing that we did not eat and left.

We ended up going to the Perkins across the street and were charged $35 for a breakfast that was not much better... I would most certainly recommend this property to anyone but if you are a big breakfast person, I would make plans to eat elsewhere. I was even hoping to get some juice and there was a big sign on the juice machine that said, "out of order". My wife and I were extremely disappointed about this and warn folks to reconsider your stay if you are looking for breakfast.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the first floor and we were assigned a room that was directly across from the...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear DonandLisafromUSA,

Thank you for posting your review about your stay with us. I'm very sorry you were disappointed with our breakfast and offer my sincere apologies. We value your business and your feedback, which we will take into consideration as we evaluate our breakfast and endeavor to improve our operation. We appreciate your compliments and recognition of jobs well done by our team, and hope you will give us the chance to regain your trust the next time you are in Duluth.

Ken Jacobs,