“Not a great experience”

Dining options: Reservations
Calgary, Canada
“Not a great experience”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The prime rib selection was odd -- the meat itself had no spices what-so-ever and the accompanying jus was so salty that it was inedible.
Beef ribs were drowning in bottled sauce. The ribs were tasty but the excessive sauce ruined the meal.
Very heavy on carbohydrates -- bread and potato ..no vegetable offered as a choice.
Coffee arrived cold but was replaced without question.
Atmosphere is very nice and the waitress was friendly and prompt.
Would hesitate to go back.

• Visited May 2014

Hudson, Wisconsin
“Great service and decent pricing”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stopped in for dinner with the kids as part of a stay at the Suites Hotel. Service was great and the food was very good. I like that they had a lot of walleye options on the menu including the walleye cakes which were great. Will be back again!

Visited March 2014
Esko, MN
“Awful service,food ok”
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

The poor service we received on our day after Valentine's dinner really hampered our enjoyment. Server ignored us. We were lucky to receive our food!

Visited February 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Overpriced and poor food quality, not a good combination”
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Here with a large group for a dinner meeting. The service was good, but that's about where to good parts ended. I had the fillet medallions. These were ok, but definitely not as tender and tasty as expected and way over priced for the size of cut and taste. More like an Applebee's than a high priced steakhouse. The best part of dinner was the side of hash browns that I chose with it. Should note that I chose the salad with the dinner and asked for the dressing on the side, that didn't work. On the steak entree I asked for the mushroom and onions to be left off, that didn't happen either.

Visited October 2013
USA
“We had a miserable dinner experience here last Saturday”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We had enjoyed previous visits to this steakhouse on past trips to Duluth, so we were looking forward to our dinner there this past Saturday. Unfortunately, the problems started when we were 20 minutes past the time we were told we could expect to wait (15 minutes). I realized other people were coming into the restaurant and were being seated within 5 minutes, yet we had already waited a half-hour (and there was no one left in the waiting area besides us). When I went to the hostess stand, I found out they had not put our name on the wait-list and names already on the list had long been seated, but were not crossed off. What a mess. The manager seated us and when I told him I was upset because of the long wait and messed up seating-system, he offered a feeble excuse. Next problem: 10 minutes after we ordered, our waiter said they had run out of the special entrée we ordered. So, we ordered a steak. Next problem: we had to send the steak back because it was seriously undercooked. When the manager delivered our re-heated steak to us, he offered no apology and was quickly gone. Next problem: when the waiter brought our check, there was a mistake on the bill (overcharged for the salad). When I called the error to his attention, he said I was wrong and I was being appropriately charged. Then I said, "Well, there is one way to clear this up: please bring me a menu." He was back in 5 minutes with an apology; he said he was wrong and he had corrected the bill. On the way out, I told the manager this litany of problems. His response: "Well, I hope you have a better weekend." He is clueless about customer service. Bottom line: you might have a good experience or a miserable experience. We've had both. But, in light of the problems and lack of management response to our concerns, we will not go back. It spoiled our evening.

• Visited October 2013