“Get in touch with the tasty past.”
Review of Jade Fountain - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jade Fountain
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is the kind of place I tend to seek out. One left unchanged since 1960. Even if you don't eat, the vintage decor is something to see.

The food was good. The selection was what I would expect at any local Chinese place. Nothing extraordinary but the foods you want are on the menu. I had sesame chicken which was tasty and the portion was generous. Egg rolls were good as well. Our server was a college kid who basically just needed a job. He did just fine, nothing extra, but efficient enough.

I'll be honest, there are better places to eat in Duluth, but the Chinese restaurant selection is extremely limited. If you have a taste for Chinese the Jade Fountain is a good choice. I love these places where you feel like you are back in the 60s on the set of Mad Men.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Terribly slow service! My containers actually had ICE in them from the condensation! When I called to complain and ask for my money back, she offered me a 10% discount!!!! When I complained, begged, cried, yelled, etc.. she actually sent the driver back to TAKE BACK THE COLD FOOD and give me my money (MINUS TIP!!!) back! OUTRAGEOUS.. TERRIBLE... Said they would resell my food to someone who would "appreciate" it. I will never eat here again. Worst customer service in the history of restaurants!

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We've eaten at the Jade Fountain 3 times now, as we've been passing through Duluth near dinner time. The restaurant has been open since 1968, but it's obvious the building is much older and is pretty sad-looking. This visit someone was painting the outside, however, so it is apparent they are working at their appearance.
The food has been very, very good each time. On this trip we ordered the "2 for 2" combination dinner- should be labeled "for 4" because we had enough leftovers for another dinner. And it was really tasty, fresh food- though we got enough fried items to last us for quite a while! But hey, once in a while you just have to treat yourself. I'd definitely go there again, once my cholesterol level gets back down, LOL. Oh, and we had an excellent server (but I'm not sure if he was joking or not, but he said the service can be hit or miss!)

1  Thank Lvcavs
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I called and placed an order and was told 45 min. Two hours! I called them 3 times during those two hrs. and spoke to the manager. She told me each time it was on its way. I live 5-10 min away! Are you kidding me. They also refused to refund my credit card and offered no apology. That is not how to run a business!! We were long time costumers before this incident and I will never order from there again because of how poorly they handled the situation and how rude they were!

2  Thank Angela V
Reviewed 14 January 2013 via mobile

Nothing was unbearable, but nothing was good either. Wish I could recommend somewhere else in the area, but I haven't found any good chinese food up here yet. I'll keep trying.

1  Thank garnermoffat