“Brunch menu was interesting and fun!”
Review of Lake Avenue Cafe

Lake Avenue Cafe
Ranked #18 of 264 Restaurants in Duluth
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I was treated to brunch by my daughter after she ran the Gary Bjorkland Half Marathon and I had trouble deciding what to order because of the fun and fabulous choices. I decided on a veggie bake which was a black bean chili with two eggs and cheese on top with a side of roasted potatoes along with a grapefruit mimosa (YUM!) The atmosphere was buzzing with excited racers and their fams and friends and our server, Kia, was poised, efficient and delightful. I love this restaurant which is located in one of the coolest restored buildings in the canal. I have been there often for dinner, apps, and lunch. This was my first brunch and I liked it!!!

1  Thank Wanda L

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I love this restaurant. The portion size is perfect for me and the prices are really reasonable. This is one of my new favorite places to eat.

Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

Food was great - one of best restaurants in Duluth. The marrow toast was amazing and is highly recommended. It just didn't have that last little bit. The menu is written in a way that could give the impression they are trying to be overly trendy but the food is impressive. The atmosphere is on the casual end for fine dining but that seems to be standard in Duluth. They serve great coffee for after dinner. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

My husband and I can recommend this place! Food was fresh and well prepared. The portions were sized just right. The prices were moderate. I had the Deconstructed Fish n Chips... fresh whitefish from Lake Superior pan seared, oriental style cole slaw, and potato wedges... delicious and light. My husband liked his Chicken Fettuccine quite a bit and probably would have liked a larger portion because it tasted so good. We shared a hot fudge sundae... the hot fudge is really delicious! Everything is made fresh on-site. So much more enjoyable than a chain restaurant. We would definitely go back!

Reviewed 12 May 2013

This restaurant is located in a prime location, one block down from the lift bridge. It offers outdoor seating on a wood deck in the summer but also wrap around windows for the inside diners. It does not overllok the lake, but is still a fun view of canal park. The food is incredible! They use fresh ingredients and combine them in gourmet ways. We eat here whenever we come to Duluth. The have changed the menu a few times on us, but each time we find new favorites. They offer fish, beef, chicken and vegetarian and pair them with creative sauces and simple flavorful sides. The staff has always treated us very well and have been very accomodating with requests. It is a quiet sophisticated place for a low key intimate meal.

1  Thank FoderickE

Been to Lake Avenue Cafe? Share your experiences!