“Great burgers but a little disappointed with the stout cake this time”

Fitger's Brewhouse Brewery and Grille
Ranked #8 of 261 Restaurants in Duluth
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This is one of our favorite places to eat in Duluth. The burgers were awesome as always, but the chocolate stout cake was a bit dry this time. The flavor as spot-on, but the texture was off a bit.

Note about the chocolate stout cake - it is NOT obvious from the menu, but this is a HUGE SLAB of cake. This could EASILY be shared by 4 people.

My wife & I have a split decision on the coffee, which was quite strong. I thought is was just a bit strong, but good. My wife thought it was too strong and she didn't really like it.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We always love the black bean and chicken quesadillas here. I had the fish tacos this time and they were great. The cod had a very crispy and flavorful batter. The fish and chips must be great as well. A pitcher of hard cider is always a good choice as well. We miss the hard pear cider they used to have when they first opened. We always looked forward to that as much if not more than the food. The one negative was very bitter greens in my side salad. My husband commented at how amazing quality food and great presentations can come out of teeny tiny grill areas in places like this that know what they're doing.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have to tell everyone who makes a trip to Duluth to stop here for at least one meal. They have a fantastic selection of delicious beers and really started the Craft Brewing scene here in town, but don't short-sell their chow. Creative and almost always prepared beautifully, you will not leave unsatisfied.

1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed 13 April 2014

A veggie burger is a veggie burger is a veggie burger USUALLY! Been a vegetarian for 30+ years and had the wild rice veggie burger at Fitgers this weekend and it was phenomenal. Four of us had it and we all enjoyed it as much as the other. The fries my friends had were not greasy, but done just perfect, as were the sweet potato fries, and I had steamed brocolli which was steamed perfect and not mushy! Loved it. Great service, great server, super friendly.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Fitgers does an awesome job. It is a place where you can get great food, drink great beers, and just unwind with friends. I have never been disappointed when I eat here. I would recommend going here with friends and family. You wont be dissapointed.