“First rate brewpub”

Ranked #6 of 257 Restaurants in Duluth
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“First rate brewpub”
Reviewed 18 July 2007

Fitger's brewpub is located in the Fitger's complex and occupies several rooms. There is live music almost every night and a patio for warm weather. The interior is covered in breweriana and random decorations, and there is relaxed, dimly lit atmosphere. The beer ranges from average to excellent. They do experiment with styles and produce beers rarely found elsewhere, such as a Berlinner Weisse. Many tap lines as well, more than I have seen in any other brewpub.

The food is of above-average quality for a brewpub and reasonably priced with a meal for around $10. The staff is generally friendly. Beer is available to go, sold in 64 oz. bottles called growlers. Highly recommended for the beer and a good choice for a meal.

1 Thank JK01

Sacramento
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good points, not so good”
Reviewed 8 July 2007

We enjoyed the handy shopping and restaurants all confined within the same building. The hotel had charm and character and the beds were comfy but I found several important drawbacks. The towels are thin and rough, not what I would expect in a hotel of this 4-star caliber. Ice has to be obtained through room service. Our room had worn spots on the walls and definitely needed refreshing! Room set up with large furniture but room only accommodates small furniture so you are quite crowded. Room smell could use some work; hotel is all nonsmoking but you can still smell remnants of nicotine. In general, the value fell far short of the price.

1 Thank sis01
Appleton, Wisconsin
“#1 With the Locals”
Reviewed 17 April 2007

We've lived here for almost 4 years and this is still our first choice in places to go .. for any meal of the day! Their salads are huge and phenomenal (my recommendation: the Maple Chicken Salad) .. best dinner I've had was a turkey philly. Food is all made to-order -- fresher than fresh -- and the beer is grand. Ask for a sample of the Wildfire -- pepper beer -- if your taste buds can handle it! They also have a fantastic dark cider, and my husband is a big fan of the "Oatmeal Stout"

You may have a bit of a wait if you come around 7pm on either Friday or Saturday evening, but not to worry -- there's plenty to look at around the old brewery building while you wait.

1 Thank pharmernicole
Minnesota
“Heather”
Reviewed 26 August 2004

We have friends who have stayed at this hotel, and to my knowledge, have enjoyed their stay.

I can't personally comment on the hotel itself, but I can comment on the restaurants within the hotel. There are three of them:
1) Bennett's - An upscale restaurant
2) The Brewery - A bar/restaurant
3) The TapRoom - Bar/Pool-Hall

Bennett's has good food but is rather pricey. I've had better food elsewhere for the same, or lower, cost.

The Brewery is a smaller bar/restaurant also located within the hotel. My husband and I were greatly disappointed with not our service, but also the meal itself, and the atmosphere. It took forever to get our waitress to take our order and even longer for her to get the food out to us. When it did arrive, my meal was cold and my husband's burger was burnt to a crisp (he asked for it to be medium-well). I would not recommend eating here.

The TapRoom is a bar and pool-hall. It reeks of stale smoke and has a wet/moldy smell to it as well. We've ventured in the door of this place but immediately turned around and went somewhere else. I wouldn't recommend this place either!

1 Thank Tropicfire2