“Good Food Wonderful View Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of New Scenic Cafe

New Scenic Cafe
Ranked #2 of 254 Restaurants in Duluth
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, View, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, After-hours, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fargo, ND
“Good Food Wonderful View Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We went here after bypassing it several times. The view is wonderful and they are building an outside area. The food is somewhat exotic and not quite on point but very good. My wife had scallops and it came with a sweet foam, which was good but a little too sweet.

I had the Ahi Tuna with avocado tacos, the tuna needed a little more sauce,

I had the beef cheek and it was wonderful. Cooked beautifully with plenty of flavor.

Wait staff very friendly and we felt very welcome.

Since I am a chef I am more picky than other people might be. I want to say the food is good bordering on great. My suggestion is look at the balance of flavors.

• Visited June 2014

MinnesotaUSA
“Quick Stop for Pie and Coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Stopped on a foggy Sunday afternoon for pie and coffee. We knew from previous experience that they offered vegan-acceptable choices. We were not disappointed. The blackberry-peach pie was fantastic as was the triple berry pie my wife had.
The New Scenic is consistently reliable with great choices.

Superior, Wisconsin
“always different, always great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Try the cassoulet...amazing. They also always have a good Oregon wine on the menu:) Nice people. Beautiful new cookbook

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Name is apt! Very scenic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had an amazing duck entree that tasted heavenly! But portions were too less. It was a rainy day so couldn't really enjoy the 'scene' but the Superior still looked awesome from here

• Visited October 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

What a charming place, The gardens were all in bloom. The restaurant was busy, but we were more than adequately taken care of by a very knowledgeable wait staff. My partner thought the wine list was very good, and the food was nothing short of fabulous. I had the fish of the day and it was perfectly grilled along with the artichoke slather as an appetizer and the warm beet salad, we were very happy customers.

Visited June 2014

Been to New Scenic Cafe? Share your experiences!