“To die for wild rice stuffed mushrooms... and other stuff”
Review of The Sports Garden

The Sports Garden
Ranked #131 of 263 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The family friendly atmosphere at The Sports Garden allows you to enjoy an interactive and entertaining dining room where it's truly OK to bring the kids... and then act like one! It's 20,000 square feet of sports, great food, and fun, accented by multiple flat screen TVs! It's also full of games - arcades, a pool table, darts, air hockey - and the food is just as fun! Specialties include Juicy Lucy's, large chicken wings, and shakes! Don't forget about The Sports Garden's Famous Saturday Buffet! At night, the Sports Garden becomes the perfect place to meet lots of fun people, whether it's on the dance floor, at a concert, or a special event. The Sports Garden: ALWAYS a GREAT time!
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

It was 4th of July 2 hours before fireworks and several tables were available. We had a great stout (can't recall the name), wild-rice stuffed mushrooms and onion rings. The stuffed mushrooms are legendary and I plan to recreate them until I get the recipe. Onion rings were good. We ordered fish and chips (OK) and a sirloin steak for entrees. The steak was well-seasoned, but overdone and underwhelming. I was admittedly full. However I love garlic mashed potatoes and these were unappealing. So have a beer and some appetizers. Ask for Sarah, she was a great server.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have gone to Grandma's a few times in the past year and I think I have finally made it my last. The staff is not friendly, food is adequate at best and the drinks can be a bit light on booze.

It has been a known place to go for fun, but except for a dancing area, everything else about this place is not worth going to.

GrandmasSportsGarden, General Manager at The Sports Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hi, my name is Matt Baumgartner; I am the General Manager of Grandma’s Sports Garden and Event Center. First of all, I want to thank you for taking the time to share comments about your visit. I am sorry the experience did not meet your expectations. We take great pride in providing our guests with an enjoyable experience. Can I ask what would have made the experience more enjoyable? It is feedback like this that will allow us to improve and meet our guest’s expectations. My email address is mbaumgartner@grccorp.com. Again, I would love to hear more comments and suggestions from you. I am hopeful that you will visit us again when you are in the area! Thank you again for your nice comments and insightful feedback.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Similar menu found at other Grandmas with casual atmosphere that provides great to relax or meet others! Seating at bar if dining alone otherwise plenty of table dining

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Our hockey team had lunch here. We walked in with a group of 20 and within 2 minutes the tables were re-arranged and we were seated. There were 3 other groups all with similar seating arrangements. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Food was prepared and served quickly.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I really enjoyed this place. We have been several times and have always had friendly service though sometimes slow. The food has a lot of taste and the portion sizes were quite large. The value was middle of the road with some items being over priced. beer selection wasn't too bad though I wouldn't mind more seasonal beers. The atmosphere of the restaurant was about average for a Grandmas and I like that there is always plenty to look at. Being close to Canal Park makes it a nice spot to have a quick walk after eating. We will be back and I would recommend this place to friends.

Been to The Sports Garden? Share your experiences!