“Good breakfast”

Ranked #16 of 254 Restaurants in Duluth
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

On a recent gray morning in Duluth, my husband I checked out At Sara's Table Chester Creek Cafe. It had been recommended by a local and we were not steered wrong. They had an extensive breakfast menu and the prices were quite reasonable. My husband had a HUGE breakfast burrito - he was only able to eat 2/3rds of it. I had eggs, toast and some amazing home fries. Coffee was good and strong. It has an interesting decor - it feels a bit like you are eating in a library, Go check it out.

Chicago, IL
“Elevated a horrid trip to the heavens!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

We were having a really crappy trip to Duluth based upon poor weather and originally checking into a dive hotel accidentally, when we followed our GPS to Sara's Table...which we'd found on happycow.com I believe.

Wow. I can't say how wonderful every dish was. Someone in our group had fish tacos, WOW, two of us had black bean quesadillas, YUM, there was a veggie burger rated best veggie burger EVER!! by its vegetarian consumer....

We had a celiac sufferer in our group, who had an amazing gluten free meal....why can't I remember what he had? Probably because despite the generous portions of great food I couldn't stop thinking about dessert. We ordered one of everything I think, including the gluten free brownie, which was better than any "regular" brownie I've ever had.

Please, find your way to Sara's Table. This wasn't a cheap meal but it also wasn't outrageous--the bill was $100 before tip for five people, no beverages, one entree and one dessert per person. A great value for the gorgeous and delicious food we enjoyed.

Shout out to SARA'S!!!!! Thanks for being the highlight of our visit to Duluth this time, XOXO

Duluth, Minnesota
“Breakfast not for kids.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I am from Duluth and went there for breakfast with my two children ages 6 and 8. I ordered the burrito and the kids ordered a Mickey cake off the kids menu.
The waitress offered juice and a side of bacon for the kids. I was stunned when the bill arrived...$42!! My kids meals were $14 each. Ouch!

2 Thank David N
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Hipster' Brunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I grew up in Duluth back in the day and went to Sarah's Table for Sunday brunch - super crowded at 10:30 am 1/2 wait Food was ok - hard to mess with eggs and pancakes - which were huge- smoked salmon ( not to be confused with lox) was very dry and chewy. Would not recommend it! Service was very slow - not enough cooks in the kitchen- atmosphere was nice and out door seating was pleasant

1 Thank Robert K
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great service, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

One of my favorite brunch restaurants anywhere. The wild rice french toast is hearty but light and delicious. The mimosas and bloody mary bar are fantastic. Gluten free, vegetarian, picky kids- they can handle it all and they really embrace local food. Love it! The atmosphere is sunny and warm and inviting, like having breakfast on a friend's sun porch. Coffee is good too! We stop here every time we are in Duluth.

Visited August 2014