“You know you're going to have to wait.”
Review of Duluth Grill

Duluth Grill
Ranked #2 of 261 Restaurants in Duluth
Price range: US$9 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Just get over it. Everyone has to wait to get in. It's going to be worth it so don't lose your patience. I have never seen such a varied menu. They have something for everyone. Who ever thought porridge would be good.they have some kind of wonderful, grainy, chewy, flavorful hot cereal that would stick with you thru a marathon. I don't think I have ever eaten anything but breakfast here. It is so filling I never got back for anything else.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This was my first visit to the Duluth Grill. It was easy to find, right off of Interstate 35, exit 254.

They have a wide variety of selections, including quite a few gluten free items.

I ordered Big Chicken Burrito Bowl. It was just the right size. It was filling and delicious. It's like a burrito salad.

What I appreciated as much as the food, was the kindness of the staff. I'll look forward to coming back here again next time I'm in town.

1  Thank Inner C
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The atmosphere is that of a family restaurant. The food and service are out of this world good. Some of the food is spicy. If it is too spicy they will gladly take it back and make you something else. My daughter took me to the Duluth Grill because she has been there several times and is always raving about the uniqueness/ quality of the food. I couldn't agree with her more and now I want to go back and take my Husband! These are meals that need to be tasted to appreciated. The service is just as good as the food.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Great food, we had to wait to be seated, but interesting choices, great service, all in all a win-win

Reviewed 20 April 2014

The menu for the Duluth Grill really seems a bit out of place in Duluth - or most of MN for that matter. Many organic & vegan items - really an eclectic selection of food.

My wife & each had soup (rosemary French lentil & Italian vegetable) then we split a burger.

First the soups...
1. Italian vegetable was spicy. Too spicy for my wife, actually, and we ended up swapping soups. I thought is was decent - not the best soup I've ever eaten, but quite good.

2. the rosemary lentil soup was bland - needed more rosemary.

Neither soup was excessively salted (a BIG plus in my book) and they happened to be vegan.

Now let's move on to the burger...we had the 'garlic Gouda burger', which is a burger with lots of Gouda cheese on top and melting down the sides. But what makes this over the top is the VERY GENEROUS amount of roasted garlic paste spread on both top & bottom buns. Holy smokes! That burger was a garlic lovers dream!

Note - do NOT get this if you're on a date unless you're both getting it (and love garlic) - you taste garlic for hours.

A note about the building and restaurant itself. I had heard from a friend that the building used to be an Embers - and it looks like one. Frankly, it looks like a dump from the outside. Inside, it still has that 'Embers' layout, but it was very comfortable and clean with beautiful hanging lamps & funky art.

Don't be fooled by the outside of the building - the food is WAY BETTER than you would think from looking at the building.

Been to Duluth Grill? Share your experiences!