“It's okay”

Price range: US$9 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We went here based on it being the number one restaurant and having been on Triple D. Plus, we were looking for an authentic pasty. I have to say we were somewhat disappointed in the food. My husbands pasty was somewhat tasteless, not seasoned as we remember them to be and the brown gravy was a little strange. I had an Asian wild rice and beef bowl. The beef was strange tasting, almost like it had been marinated too long. We were not impressed by the restaurant at all.

2  Thank Cheryl K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,614)

Reviewed 30 July 2014

When we drove up, we thought 'Dennys' or 'Perkins', but oh, no, what a gem for our group of vegetarians, flexitarians, and carnivores. Much of the food is locally sourced or organic, and playful takes on the classics. Also great that they serve from the lunch/dinner menu at breakfast.

2  Thank SeatownChai
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

This is a great, unpretentious, quality eatery. We loved our food. I had an amazing beef barley soup. My English husband enjoyed his pasty, esp. the nice, short pastry. I enjoyed my fish tacos. The banana cream pie is fabulously home-made (though a little more filling and a little less crust next time, please). Service is quick and friendly. Note: they don't serve alcohol, but the food makes up for that minor inconvenience. Phone 30 minutes ahead for quicker seating when you arrive.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Organic , free range, healthy - conjures up quite specific images in the mind - it's more of a greasy spoon cafe - nothing looked really healthy - it all looked and tasted rather unhealthy - to me it was overhyped and a 45 minute wait in rain didn't help matters.

1  Thank veritas5
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We made this mistake of visiting at noon on Sunday. The wait for 2 people was 30 minutes and groups of 3+ wait time was 45-60 minutes. We were a group of 2 and figured we were already there so might as well wait. The decor is a great blend of old wooden beams, stained glass agate art, folk art and new Picasso-type art with bright and vibrant photo art all arranged very thoughtfully. The food was superb and very reasonably priced. The service was good considering how busy they were. I appreciated watching a chef bringing dishes out along with owner and manager clearing tables and/or running checks. It shows great teamwork and that it's important to them to keep things flowing quickly for those waiting.

1  Thank MNmover

Been to Duluth Grill? Share your experiences!