“good location”

Ranked #21 of 31 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We went as a last minute trip which we booked while in the USA Beautiful and clean room with good view from the front staff very welcoming bar area very comfortable and restaurant enjoyable but pool area could have do with a little more tlc

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Old dated rooms, untrained staff, no hot water in the room and a surprise "security deposit" charge of $300 on your visa when you get home. To make it worse, when you call to question the "surprise" charge that they never mentioned at check in, you get a person trying to explain it away that the bank decides how much to take????? To be fair, they did move us because they had no hot water in the room,but what a pain to pack up and move after you are all settled and trying to get to a dinner reservation. And, we had to move ourselves....

Room Tip: somewhere else
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank GordW1234
Reviewed 9 March 2014

This is my favorite hotel in Duluth. Rooms are clean and updated. I also really like the area downtown for this hotel. Many good eating and drinking establishments within walking distance. I like it much better than the canal park area which also has many hotels. The health club is very nice and well maintained. Lobby bar and restaurant are very good as well.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jim c
Reviewed 9 March 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with great amenities in an outstanding location. The hotel is in the center of downtown Duluth and has easy access to everything Duluth has to offer. Our room was exactly what I would expect from a 4 star hotel except for the noise level. We were in a room near the elevator and even though people weren't being obnoxiously loud we could hear every group that got on or off that elevator, when you are trying to relax or sleep that can be very annoying! We have stayed in 4 star hotels all over the world and this one was definitely the noisiest!

Room Tip: As far from the elevator as possible!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2014

By far the best place to stay in Duluth. I've stayed many times both for business and pleasure. Very clean and modern accommodations along with very friendly staff. When traveling with my family for pleasure- we make it a point to stay there. My family consists of my wife and two German Shepherds- YES- this place is VERY dog friendly and my pooches always get a warm reception from the staff. Keep up the great work!!

Room Tip: Try to get the lakeside rooms for obvious reasons- the "city" view room consist of looking...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Doug B, General Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Tool578,
Thank you for your very kind review of our hotel. We will look forward to welcoming you, your wife, and your two German Shepherds back during your next visit to Duluth!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed here for two nights on a job interview. It is right on the main street and they gave me a room with a nice view of the lake, so I got to see a nice sunrise (but it was -20 F). The bed was one of the most cozy and comfortable I have ever slept in. They had robes to wear! The staff at the desk were so nice I could not believe it. I did not run into the housekeeping but they did an excellent job with my room each day. They had a shuttle to take me around and the drivers were fabulous. They have a restaurant and I had a decent breakfast there - it was great as can be expected from a breakfast. I hung out at the bar and the bar staff were great. It is a small place so feels kind of homey that way. It is walking distance to a really cool, very old diner type of place and also near a nice coffee shop. I would definitely stay here again. Highly personalized service.

Room Tip: Try to get one that overlooks the lake, but you need to get up for the sunrise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear CCG_from_Denver,
Is a very kind review, and thank you for taking the time to post these comments.
I am thrilled to hear that our service made the difference in your experience.
We will look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Duluth, and I hope your interview went well.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

This hotel is modern and new. The bathrooms are nice and the beds are comfortable. Hall ways are quite because of design features. Food is good, and the lounge staff is friendly. Only quirk is the long trek to the parking garage. Overall a great place to stay in a good location.

Room Tip: Try for a club level room facing the lake.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Doug B, Director of Sales at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear craig c,
Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.
I am especially glad to hear that our staff was able to make a positive impression on you, I will certainly pass your kind comments their direction.
I appreciate your review, and we will look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Duluth.

Director of Sales & Marketing