“Great hotel in Duluth”

Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Duluth
Little Rock, AR
“Great hotel in Duluth”
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Stayed five nights and everything about the hotel was great. Our room was on the fifth floor and had a great view of Lake Superior, Canal Park, and the Aerial Lift Bridge. Beds were very comfortabe, great HD TV installed on the wall, large desk, comfortable easy chair. Soundproofing seemed to be good - really didn't hear a peep from either of the rooms next to us. Only inconvenience was that it was a bit of a hike to get to the parking garage, but at least they didn't charge for it. Will definitely stay here again next time we're in Duluth.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank thomasgmay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
minneapolis
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Really wanted to thank the great staff at the Duluth Sheraton for a fantastic weekend. We had two families and four small children and they did a good job of accomodating us all. I do think this is the best hotel in Duluth.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
houston
Reviewed 3 July 2010

This hotel is only 2 years old. The beds and the bathroom are great. The only bad thing is if someone walks down the hall talking, you do hear it. The bar and restaurant downstairs are good too. Nice people working at the desk and the bar.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank houbrm
Reviewed 22 June 2010

I very receny stayed at this hotel with my husband and and two toddlers. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel and how polite the staff was. When we got to our room for the first time I made the decision to ask for a crib for my youngest child. I called the front desk and they had one brought up by a handsome young man, named Peter, he was so kind and conscious of our situation. I was very impressed with this hotel. I do recommend it.

• Stayed June 2010
Woodbury, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 April 2010

Room and hotel features are nice. Seemed to be in somewhat of a crappy part of duluth (old casino and stripclub within a block). We used starwood points, so I can't complain. If we had to pay for a room, we'd stay somewhere in canal park. Restaurant seemed nice, we only went for desert.

Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GopherNation
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 March 2010

This property was really a bargain for $100 a night. Free parking, remodeled room, Starbucks coffee in room, close to nearly everything, and a nice restaurant. The fitness center had nice equipment - the ones with TVs built in. The room was immaculate with a 32 inch (about) flat screen TV with HD channels and movies. Staff was always helpful and friendly. My one (and this isn't a small one) complaint is that when the doors close they are LOUD! And it's not the people. The doors are set up in a way that when you pull them shut you can't do it quietly. It's only a problem when you are trying to sleep and people are coming in late. I wasn't there on a weekend but I bet it would be tough to get a good night sleep without earplugs and a soother. Also the beds were a harder than expected and weren't as "sweet" as they advertise. I would definitely stay here again but I'd bring the ear plugs.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Pulaski, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 February 2010

I stayed here this past September and I will definately be back. I had a corner room (non lakeview) and it was one of the most quiet downtown rooms I've ever stayed in. Even though I didn't have a "lake view" room. I had a higher floor and I did still have a small view of the lake.

The bed was absolutely comfortable and had plenty of pillows. The desk was the length of one wall. I have never seen a desk this long before (or since) and the desk chair was like sitting on a cloud.

The bathroom was my favorite. It was the largest hotel bathroom I had seen. It had a nice walk-in shower. The bathroom was sparkling clean and that's important to me.

I stayed on the club floor. I wouldn't spend the extra money if your doing it for the snacks or breakfast because this feature alone doesn't make it worth the extra. The drinks were really overpriced and warm.

My only complaint was that I arrived at 2:30 and I had to wait almost an hour for my room to be ready. After a 5 hour drive I wasn't really happy about that, but after seeing my room it made up for it.

As others said, you do have to park in the ramp behind the hotel and this isn't really marked very well. I actually liked the idea as I think it's a lot safe.

I didn't eat in the hotel restaurant so I can't speak to their food and drinks.

When I return to Duluth later this spring, I will be returning to the Sheraton.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo