We ended up here after being unable to find a room on Canal Park. Turns our our stop in Duluth coincided with the Tall Ships and everything downtown was booked. This wasn't what I had planned, but it turned out to be perfect.
We stayed in the main section of the hotel in a room overlooking Superior. The room was a standard queen room with a pull-out couch, nothing different than a queen room anywhere else, other than that it had a balcony overlooking the water, which was very nice. I would suggest staying in this main section instead of the dated (at least the exterior) motel-style rooms by the road. We were checked in by a college-aged girl who was friendly but didn’t really know what she was doing. Our biggest issue here was the elevator. There is only one and it takes forever. Forever. There is a lot to do and they really need a whole bank of elevators.
After getting settled, we first checked out the outdoor activities. There is a pool, mini golf and bounce houses/slides. We didn’t use the pool but had a good time with everything else. We ordered a pizza from the hotel for dinner. It was ok, nothing exceptional, but it served the purpose and wasn’t too overpriced. We also enjoyed the 2-for-1 drinks. They are very overpriced but pretty tasty, and with the 2-for-1 drink tokens, they make the price about normal.
Then we hit the awesome indoor waterpark. It is an excellent indoor park. I can’t say enough good things about it. This makes the other things that weren’t quite perfect almost unnoticeable. The waterpark was immaculate, perfectly maintained, and had plenty of life guards (who were actually monitoring the park, not just standing around talking to each other), clean towels, tubes and seating. They have just enough to do that little kids aren’t overwhelmed and big kids/adults don’t get bored. Our 5 yo went nuts and my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
In the morning we caught a beautiful sunrise over Superior (yes, I am always willing to pay more for that!) and watched the tall ships come in. We still had great views of the ships, and for a fraction of the price of a room in Canal Park.
We also braved the breakfast crowds. They have the usual continental breakfast fare, but it is scattered around the breakfast room. We missed some of it until we were on our way out. By then it was too late and too much work to find another seat.
We visited the waterpark again before we left - of course!
The price for everything was incredibly reasonable. I would definitely stay here again, in fact, I’d go out of my way to do so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the shores of Lake Superior in Duluth, MN, the Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark is your complete Duluth hotels vacation resort destination. Enjoy our indoor waterpark, arcade, outside play area, pool and hot tub, and easy access to Duluth's Lakewalk and restaurants. Relax in a comfortable and clean room with all the amenities and views of Lake Superior. Whatever you're looking for, you'll find it here at the funnest hotel in Duluth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and TravelClick so you can book your Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Resort & Waterpark Hotel Duluth
- Edgewater Resort And Waterpark
- Edgewater Hotel Waterpark
- Duluth Edgewater
- Edgewater Hotel Duluth
- Best Western Edgewater Duluth Mn