We just returned from a weekend stay for a family reunion at the Edgewater.
This turned out to be the perfect place for our family reunion. We had one of their meeting rooms with the beautiful view overlooking Lake Superior. All the staff that I encountered were very pleasant and the on duty manager ( I forgot his name) was very accommodating to the needs of our gathering. We have stayed there in the past a number of years ago so we were familiar with the property. All the kids from our gathering enjoyed the waterpark, arcade, and mini golf. My wife and our kids walked over the pedestrian bridge and down the lake and skipped rocks. I did not hear one complaint from anyone at our reunion about the property or their individual rooms. My wife & kids said they had trouble receiving the wifi signal in our room on their Ipods & tablet, but my laptop did just fine.
Our room was in the old original wing on the street side. We really weren't bothered by traffic or other noise. The room was very clean and well equipped. Small microwave, mini fridge (no freezer shelf), large flat panel tv, hair dryer, iron & ironing board. There was even a boot tray if needed for sloppy shoes.
Due to other activities at the hotel, the first morning the hot breakfast buffet was not available so instead the hotel provided a complimentary cold breakfast at no charge. This consisted of cold cereal, muffins, yogurt, packaged hard boiled eggs, granola bars, coffee, juice, & milk. We did notice that they didn't have salt/pepper, butter, or straws available. But free is free, and we really did appreciate it.
Our second morning the hot breakfast buffet was up and running. I must say that this is worth the extra add on cost, $5.99/adult & $.99/child. This consisted of scrambled eggs, a PILE of bacon (thicker cut), 3 choices of pancakes, oatmeal, big fresh cinnamon rolls, fruit, breads, muffins, bagels, & an assortment of beverages.
This is on the north end of town, and not within walking distance of downtown, Canal Park, or other attractions. Aside from that, the location still has conveniences. Interstate 35 starts/ends right there. Next door is Perkins and a gas station, across the street is Black Woods Grill restaurant and Dunn Bros Coffee, at the other end of the long block is McDonalds.
This would be a good place to stay at the beginning of a trip up the Northshore especially if you have children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the shores of Lake Superior in Duluth, MN, the Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark is your complete Duluth hotels vacation resort destination. Enjoy our indoor waterpark, arcade, outside play area, pool and hot tub, and easy access to Duluth's Lakewalk and restaurants. Relax in a comfortable and clean room with all the amenities and views of Lake Superior. Whatever you're looking for, you'll find it here at the funnest hotel in Duluth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelClick and Priceline so you can book your Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Resort And Waterpark
- Edgewater Resort & Waterpark Hotel Duluth
- Edgewater Hotel Waterpark
- Duluth Edgewater
- Edgewater Hotel Duluth
- Best Western Edgewater Duluth Mn