“We would stay again”

Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The waterpark is great and the lifeguards are so vigilant that I was able to relax and not worry about my grandkids. They loved it! The hotel had upgraded our room to a 2 room suite which was clean and comfortable. The hotel is next to the freeway so if you are on the balcony you have the freeway noise but the view of Lake Superior helps compensate. Ordering pizza while in the waterpark was convenient. The breakfast buffet is a bargain----and it is a full hot breakfast.
We went mid-week so prices were more reasonable and it was not too crowded. We will definitely go again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Kathy L,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your nice review. I'm glad you and your grandchildren were able to relax and enjoy you time here, and that you will be our guests again. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you during your future visits.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel is weirdly laid out....one part looks like a run down motel and then it connects to the waterpark/new hotel portion. The main "Big" elevator is on the total opposite end of the hotel from check in and it's like a maze to get from check in to the 2nd floor on the new side of the hotel when you have a luggage cart.

Our hotel room was lake view in the new part and was large in size, king bed with pull out sofa. Unfortunately out hotel room wreaked of dog urine:( I called and they came and cleaned the carpet while we were gone and we came back and the floors were soaked and they didn't bring any fans to dry them and it didn't solve the problem.

Breakfast buffet is far from a buffet, more of a continental breakfast. I'd go to Perkins right next door for food. Parking is sparse because of multiple sports teams that stayed at the hotel and people bringing along campers and trailers which takes up more spots.

Location was great. Amenities were nice, outdoor pool, putt-putt, nightly movie at the pool, arcade, waterpark with full snack bar and beer, coffee shop, and nightly bonfire with marshmallows. Life guards were very very attentive!!

Would stay again during the week to get cheaper rate. $200+ is way over priced.

Room Tip: Pets are permitted at the hotel and room 1222 WREAKED of dog urine!! Walk across the the skywalk ov...
1  Thank gavemmom
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear gavemmom,

Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to write and post your thorough review. I'm truly sorry we did a poor job of resolving the smell in your room and hope you will accept my apologies for the discomfort and inconvenience you experienced. I assure you that we will address the odor in your room immediately. I'm glad you were happy with other aspects of your stay and appreciate you including those comments in your review. I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you here again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The waterpark was nice and clean, but small compared to other water park hotels I have been to. The lifegaurds were very attentive. The mini-golf is in need of repair. We stayed in the "tower" part of the hotel with an outside patio. Rooms were smaller than average hotel rooms but were fine. Not much of a view on the ground floor due to trees. The breakfast is not free but a very good value. It was delicious. A good place to stay if you are traveling to the Duluth area with kids.

1  Thank BelleStemie
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear BelleStemie,

Thank you very much for staying with us and posting your nice review. We value your business and your feedback, and appreciate your compliments. I hope you will stay with us again on a future trip to Duluth.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We arrived to the room we booked and it was disgusting. There was a huge mystery puddle on the floor. The curtains had numerous holes in them and the bathroom smelled of stale urine. We complained and they switched us to another room. The First service desk lady we talked to was very short and rude to us. She made us feel stupid and unimportant.The upgraded room smelled too but the quality of the room was better. My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and just as a heads up to other couples without kids if you choose to stay here be aware no part of our stay was peaceful. The pools were constantly packed with kids, kids running down the halls, kids yelling on balconies at 10 p.m. We found that if you go to the waterpark about an hour before closing you can get some rides in. The waterpark itself was nice.

1  Thank Sashagurl

Dear Sashagurl,

I am very sorry you were unhappy with us during your recent stay and offer my apologies for the discomfort and inconvenience you experienced here. We want all our guests to receive the best in service and accommodations and take it very seriously when we learn about any dissatisfaction. We value timely feedback from guests like you and will use your review in discussions and training to make improvements to our operation. I agree that other hotels in Duluth may be able to offer a more romantic and peaceful atmosphere that is better suited to celebrating your anniversary, and I hope you are happy with their service and accommodations the next time you are in town. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com at your convenience.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Variety of fun for all ages! Well managed for safety of customers! To save $ stay at "sister" hotel, Days Inn Lakewalk and purchase tickets from them!! It's a stone's throw across the street and free breakfast, too!!

Room Tip: Not pool side!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear MOVINGRANDMA,

Thanks for posting your review about us and our sister property. Guest safety and comfort are top priorities for us and we really appreciate your compliments. I hope you will be our guest again.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed 3 nights and it was totally worth the money! The kids were never bored and really enjoyed the waterpark, arcade, bouncy house and mini golf. The breakfast buffet was a little disappointing as they were always out of pancakes and cinnamon rolls when I was in line bit there was a lot of food to choose from and the price for kids was excellent! My favorite part was the complimentary shuttle service - it made our vacation a breeze and the drivers were extremely helpful and friendly. We had a lakeside suite and the view was wonderful. Our air conditioning didn't work the first night but it was fixed right away. Definitely will return here with the kids!!

Dear cantbeatfamilytime,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and for posting your great comments. It's guests like you that make our jobs of providing the best in service, facilities, accommodations and amenities very rewarding. I'm sorry that we ran short of pancakes and cinnamon rolls at breakfast and apologies for the disappointment and inconvenience you experienced. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great location, ill start on a good note. The lakeside rooms offer an unbeatable view of superior and some fresh air. Any poolside rooms are hot and humid, and smell similar to a mcdonalds play place. All carpeting seems to have sticky spots and weird scents and stains. Certain hallways and staircases reek of feet and actually caused me to gag several times. Breakfast is NOT worth paying for. Its sugar, sugar, fake milk, sugar, bad coffee, and not a single fresh fruit to be found. Plates weren't cleaned, leftover eggs and chocolate left all over. The pool is alright, water feels and looks dirty and the chairs are disgusting. Overall really this play disgusts me, it's not kept up nor is it clean or enjoyable for those above 10. Fine for young kids but I can only imagine the dieseases looming. If you come to duluth stay on the canal at either The Inn on Superior for older familes or comfort suites which is a little less "classy" (business class) if you will, but still a top notch hotel. I will not stay here again and I suggest you don't.

On a sidenote the staff I did deal with were friendly and helpful so I don't blame them in the slightest.

3  Thank cjnnewman1990

Dear cjnnewman1990,

I'm sorry you were unhappy with us during your recent stay and apologize for the discomfort and disappointment you experienced. We value your business and your feedback, which we will use in discussions and training to improve our operation. Guest safety and comfort are top priorities for us and we take it very seriously when we learn about any dissatisfaction. It was very nice of you to include your positive comments, and we appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. I hope you will continue to enjoy all that Duluth has to offer during your future visits.