I booked the hotel for myself, husband and 2 year old. Silly me, I called on a long weekend, but the girl was still friendly and patient. I was instantly impressed. I asked to rent a crib, just for ease of travelling. I got a reminder e-mail promoting the breakfast, so I called and had it added to the room. Again, very friendly. I was super excited! This is about 3 hours from our home, and check in is at 3. I called at 10 en route, and explained that my toddler needed a nap and if there was any way we could check in around 1 (since check out is noon, I didn't see this as unreasonable, and was willing to pay a little extra if needed). The manager jumped on the phone and said it wasn't impossible, but call when we get closer, and he'd put our room on a rush. We came in at 1:30 to check in, and instantly, I felt like just another number. I re-told my conversation, and I got a snooty"we can't guarantee a room until 3" end of discussion.
So at 3:03, we walked in to check in (I was a little miffed, but I'll get over it) and the girl had to radio a cleaning lady to make sure our room was done (thank goodness that manager put a rush on it...) when we got to the room, the crib wasn't there. I called down and I did politely ask(honest, I didn't have a hint of annoyance. I didn't want my trip ruined over a nap), and I got a snotty "it's already on the way" we made our way down to the park, and by 5 it still hadn't shown up. Yup, I was upset at this point.
That aside, you are just another body here, the breakfast is a continental breakfast you have to pay for and where our room was, would have been quicker to get to the Perkins next door, and for a little more, would have been more satisfied. My little one had fun, and slept great. The room amenities were great. Oh, and the breakfast I pre-ordered never was added when I called, but they didn't double charge, so that's a plus.
My four stars are based on what we made it and the room/water park amenities. If it was solely based on staff interactions, I would never stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the shores of Lake Superior in Duluth, MN, the Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark is your complete Duluth hotels vacation resort destination. Enjoy our indoor waterpark, arcade, outside play area, pool and hot tub, and easy access to Duluth's Lakewalk and restaurants. Relax in a comfortable and clean room with all the amenities and views of Lake Superior. Whatever you're looking for, you'll find it here at the funnest hotel in Duluth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and TravelClick so you can book your Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Resort And Waterpark
- Edgewater Resort & Waterpark Hotel Duluth
- Edgewater Hotel Waterpark
- Duluth Edgewater
- Edgewater Hotel Duluth
- Best Western Edgewater Duluth Mn