We had never been to Duluth, but were going up for a hockey camp. We decided to stay at Edgewater for it's waterpark, and from some reviews we had read. The pictures online also looked decent, so we booked a 4 night stay.
We received a military discount...so maybe that is why we got the room they gave us? Anyway, we had a two queens, and a bunkbed in our room. Our room was on the 4th floor pretty close to the bar area. The room had no view... the one window looked out to a wall, which allowed no light, so it was like we were living in a closet. The air condition did not work properly, making the room hot. We called down and asked for a new room, but we were told there was nothing they could do since they were sold out. The room had a mold smell to it, it was very dark and just a very bad experience as rooms go. The last night, the sink water would not shut off, so they had to get some workers to fix it. It took over 30 min. to fix since they did not have the proper tools at the time. THE ROOM WAS THE WORST WE HAVE EVER STAYED IN!
The water park, and everything else... including the breakfast were pretty good. I guess what you are paying for is the waterpark for fun... not the sleep. Because of the problems we had, we asked mgmt. to give a discount... they gave my wife a hard time, but eventually took 50% off for the last night.
In my opinion, being a Veteran, using the discount... you would think they would put you into a nice room, but instead they put me in a closet. The room was dark, smelled of mold, and was pretty small compared to the pictures. The hotel looks over 50 years old and needs to be remodeled.
Almost forgot... they did not clean our room one day. When we called down to get someone to clean, we were told that they were gone for the day.
Don't stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the shores of Lake Superior in Duluth, MN, the Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark is your complete Duluth hotels vacation resort destination. Enjoy our indoor waterpark, arcade, outside play area, pool and hot tub, and easy access to Duluth's Lakewalk and restaurants. Relax in a comfortable and clean room with all the amenities and views of Lake Superior. Whatever you're looking for, you'll find it here at the funnest hotel in Duluth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and TravelClick so you can book your Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Resort & Waterpark Hotel Duluth
- Edgewater Resort And Waterpark
- Edgewater Hotel Waterpark
- Duluth Edgewater
- Edgewater Hotel Duluth
- Best Western Edgewater Duluth Mn