“BLT HOLD THE B AND THE T AND THE L”
Review of New London Cafe

New London Cafe
Ranked #19 of 263 Restaurants in Duluth
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Want to make this humorous as it was funny at the time. Went in to the nice little place in Lakeside and found the server charming and ordered a BLT and got the sandwich and couldn't help but laugh at the meagerness of the lettuce. Upon dissection one thin leaf was revealed, hiding as it was below a muscular and basically unripe tomato slice (thin too) and one strip of bacon broken (Brokeback Bacon?) into tiny pieces and spread around to, I assume, look like the hog had not been spared. Speaking of not being spared, I think there was some mayo applied but far from slathered on. Makeup you apply sparingly, I'm told. Mayo? Slather baby, slather. Anyway, the server was a dear who got it when I was going off Jack Nickolson style about wanting a BLT but hold the bacon and the lettuce and the tomato to the great glee of my dinner pals. The too high price for the underwhelming sandwich was actually worth it because of the gaiety such a sad, sad sandwich provided.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Extremely long wait; however, very friendly service and clean establishment. Limited menu but good food with average prices. Limited parking. Would stop again and hopefully get to have what originally ordered, as they ran out.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

We have eaten at New London Café every summer when we are spending time in Duluth. Mostly eat their breakfasts which are hearty and well done. Nice touch to have the homemade jam with the meal. Waitstaff are always pleasant and efficient. Seems to have many repeat customers. Nice ambiance--located in what was an old business in Lakeside. Their New London potatoes are yummy and their sausage has a great flavor to it.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

The New London Cafe is one of Duluth's favorite cafe destinations. Located on East Superior Street in "Lakeside," you will find great service...great food...great prices...! What more could you ask for? Their Reuben sandwich is one of the best I've ever enjoyed!!

I highly recommend this dining establishment!!

Reviewed 6 April 2013

We go there at 11:30 and they were transitioning to lunch - although they did offer us breakfast as well! We went with lunch . . . .

My "Stormy Weather" turkey stacker was good. It could have used more turkey, but the bun was to die for! My husband had the wild rice burger ("Backpackers Burger"?). It was FANTASTIC!!!! The fries were good and the sweet potato fries were great as well. Waitress was very friendly! We seemed to be in the miniority - most of the customers seemed to be regulars!