“Very Accomodating!!”

Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Duluth
Edina, Minnesota
“Very Accomodating!!”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Don't let the tired appearance both inside and out, dissuade you from considering this hotel. We stayed here for a recent birding festival in Meadowlands, and the management did all they could to insure that we had a comfortable stay. While our room was on the small side, it was a clean and neat as a pin, and everything was in good working order. Shower was excellent with lots of hot water and plenty of pressure. Bedding was unstained, clean and soft. The bedspread clean and unmarked. When we asked about hot water (to make instant coffee) as we needed to leave the hotel before the normally scheduled breakfast, we were assured that breakfast fixings and hot water would be ready at 4:30am in the morning!! The staff was friendly, welcoming and did what they could to make sure our stay was comfortable. A comfortable room, early breakfast, a birder's discount and staff that was educated about our festival and how to support us--what more could we ask?? We certainly will be staying here again!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kach11
Darren W, General Manager at Days Inn Duluth/By Miller Hill Mall, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you so much for your great review! We are very happy to have been your hotel of choice during the recent birding festival. It is very exciting to have so many wonderful people coming to the Northland to see our beautiful wildlife. Thank you once again, perhaps we'll see you again during next years festival.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 19 February 2014

During a recent stay here I found the staff to be amazingly helpful and efficient. They were very accommodating and quick to offer advice and look things up for me. I was staying for a "birding" festival in nearby Meadowlands and they were helpful on directions and meeting the special needs of birders. For example they had the breakfast service ready at 4:00 AM just so all the birding folks could grab a meal before heading out for a long day of bird watching. We had 10 inches of snow over the three days I was there and they keep the parking lot clear. The rooms were not luxurious but very clean and well maintained. Thanks to all the friendly and helpful staff!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Champlin, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I travel a lot. I know hotels, I know good service. This place fails in both areas.
The management at this hotel does not impress me. The night manager is not a people person and was rude. The weekend manager is very defensive and was rude to my wife. When my wife called the manager, he was very defensive.
I read several of the reviews. The manager has an excuse for every bad review. I do not see any solutions to stop the bad reviews. I expect he will give more excuses for his staff's behavior when responding to my review.
A friend of ours stayed at the Holiday Inn cheaper and got a better breakfast. That is where I will stay next time.
The whirl pool is large, but there is very little action in the jets, very underpowered. The workout room has two machines, a treadmill and something else.
Let me end on a positive note. The blackout shades in my room were very nice; completely darkening the room.

Room Tip: Do not get a handicap assessable room. The floor layout makes the rest of the room very small. Thi...