“I'd recommend this hotel and would stay here again.”

Radisson Hotel Duluth - Harborview
Ranked #23 of 31 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed 18 May 2011

This is an older hotel centrally located and well connected in downtown Duluth. Although overall it is a bit dated, the lobby is redocorated in cool orange retro, aqua fresca available in the lobby, covered parking available, rooms clean, GREAT bath towels. Staff from housekeepers to waiters in the restaurant to front desk were all hospitable and helpful. upstairs revolving restaurant was a wonderful meeting place for my family with good food, decent prices, and outstanding views. Location is convenient via skywalk to all downtown locations and the canal park area. I lived in Duluth for 5 years but had never stayed at this hotel. I was skeptical due to its age, but I would definitely stay here again. Compared to other hotels, the AAA rate at this hotel was a good value to me. My parents loved their lakeview room.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Anthony_Spears_GM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Duluth - Harborview, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2011

Dear LaurieSouthCarolina,

First, I would like to thank you for choosing The Radisson Hotel - Duluth Harborview and for taking time to complete the survey. I see it was your first time to our hotel and you rated us "Excellent" in all categories. I am pleased you enjoyed your experience with us. It sounds like your parents had a great stay as well. It's great you were able to experience JJ Astor Restaurant on the top of the hotel. The views one can take in as it rotates 360 degrees is breath taking. It's nice to hear you also liked our newly renovated lobby area. We are very pleased with how it turned out and we will begin renovations in our guest rooms early spring and continue the design concept to our rooms.

Again, I want to thank you for taking time to complete the survey. I will share your great comments with my team. We look forward to serving you in the near future.

Anthony Spears

Reviewed 18 May 2011

Outdated rooms, weathered furniture and a broken mirror were in the first room. In both rooms, paint and wallpaper was chipped by the window and the cleanliness of bedspreads and carpet is questionable. First room had view of parking lot. Staff does not appear professionally prepared to manage such a facility.

Room Tip: Be specific on details.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Nanaone411

Dear Nanaone411,

First, I would like to thank you for choosing The Radisson Hotel - Duluth Harborview and for taking time to complete a survey. Good or bad, guest feedback is invaluable and it is how we know where we can improve. After reading your review I was not only embarrassed but very disheartened of your experience with us. I can assure you it is not our normal mode of service or product. Yes, the Radisson Duluth just celebrated its 41st birthday and although an older building there are things we can control and take care of such as the broken mirror, the wall vinyl, peeling paint and our service staff.

I recently moved to Duluth 3 months ago and assumed the role of general manager for the Radisson. There are many positive things happening at the hotel and much more to come, such as hotel renovations beginning in the spring. I have made a commitment to "owning" the customer service component at the hotel and have personally been training the entire team starting at square zero!

Although very disappointed with your most recent experience, I am sure if given another opportunity you will see many improvements. If you would like to share more information regarding your stay, I welcome you to call me 218-727-8981 or send me an email at anthony.spears@radisson.com.

Again, thank you for taking the time to complete the survey and we look forward to serving you in the near future.

Anthony Spears

Reviewed 6 May 2011

I got this room through Priceline, it was an excellent value. Especially, going up to the rooftop bar made the stay worthwhile. However, if I ever pass through Duluth again, I would head down to the main tourist area on the beach. You can get similar deals down there and the bang for the buck is giant when you have everything (beach, restaurants, bars, etc.) within walking distance. Afterall, you can't really walk from the Radisson to where most of the "good" nightlife happens. The interstate cuts right through the middle of town. We tried to do the Skywalk, but many of the exits were locked by 10pm or so and it was pretty spooky (if we had a large group it would have been fine). The building and rooms are dated but clean. The staff is super nice. The pool is fun. There is no breakfast included.

Room Tip: Do bids on Priceline.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2011

We stayed at this hotel when the Tall Ships were in Duluth. We checked in the same time as a large tour group and anticipated a long wait, but after only a couple of minutes, two more staff members appeared at the front desk. This is an older hotel in downtown Duluth, so the rooms are smaller than many newer hotels, but the rooms had been recently refurbished and were very comfortable and very clean.
If you stay here, have dinner or a drink at the J.J. Astor, the revolving restaurant on the top floor. The view is unbelievable and the food is just as good!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shirley098
Reviewed 21 March 2011

From the outside, the hotel looks sketchy. It just looks dated and not very fresh, and the parking situation is weird. (Uncovered parking, you have to take the steps to an elevator which sucks when you're lugging heavy bags, no clear signs on how to get to the lobby). The woman at the front desk was also very rude. She was a middle-aged woman in with short blondish hair. She was taking personal calls on her cell phone while she was checking me in, saying things to her caller like, "Yeah, I'm working while I talk, so don't take too long." Um, you shouldn't be doing that at all! Then when I asked her for a good place to eat in the area, she directed me to a bowling alley. Turns out there were lots of other great places to eat nearby, so I'm not sure why she directed me there.

The rooms themselves are fine, but look right out of 1989. The room service menu was sparse, which just really basic offerings. The price wasn't too awful, but I thought the food was very bland.

Also, I HATED the sleep number beds. I know they're expensive and apparently some people like them, but I thought it was terrible sleep.

All in all, I wish I would have stayed some place else. It wasn't the worst experience ever, but it certainly wasn't the best, either.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank EBF1982
Reviewed 21 February 2011

My Wife and I stayed one night in Duluth, MN at the Radisson. We have been to Duluth many time but never stayed at the Radisson. We found it to be a nice and convienent place to stay, It is located in Downtown Duluth and has easy access to all the sights of the city. Since it was February in Minnesota it was on the cold side outside but lucky for us (and you) there is a indoor skywalk system that links many of the Restaraunts and Attractions that the city has to offer. We took a tour of the skywalk and found many shops of interest there. When we decided to have dinner we went to Canal Park. The hotel offers a free shuttle and it took us to the door of the Timberlodge Steak House, the food was great. Once done we called the shuttle and returned to the Radisson with almost no wait time. Our room was nice with a beautiful view of Lake Superior, the Canal Park area and the High Bridge, The beds were sleep number beds and it was one of the best night sleeps that I have had in a long time. The TV was a newer flat screen type but some of the channels were fuzzy. The room was clean and all other parts of the room worked properly. My only real knock was the elevators. They were real busy and at times when the elevators doors opened the car was so full you had to wait for the other one to arrive. There were only 2 elevators in the hotel. There is a pool area that looked nice with a hot tub and sauna. The staff were very friendly and helpful when we had a few questions. The Radisson has a nice finer dining restaraunt and Bar on the top floor (16th). The building itself is round and the seating area for dinner rotates so you constantly have a different view when looking outside. We did not eat there, the prices were decent but I found the menu limited, plus was in the mood for a Timberlodge steak. Duluth to me is one of my favorite citys of all time. It is trendy, beautiful and Canal Park has so much to offer. We alway look forward to visiting DULUTH. I highly recommend a visit when in the area or even planning a vacation around what Duluth has to offer. I would strongly consider the Radisson again when I return.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2011

The new restaurant and lobby are beautiful. The staff was helpful and friendly!The sales staff was great to work with.

• Stayed: February 2011