“Our team manager was very disappointed.”

Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value
Ranked #26 of 33 Hotels in Duluth
Shoreview, Minnesota
“Our team manager was very disappointed.”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

The place was no fun at all. It was like being in a reform school the people at the front desk were rude and had WAY too many rules. It was well below zero and we had to leave our hockey gear in the car and by morning all our stuff was frozen and wet because of the strict rules that said we weren't allowed to bring our hockey gear inside. There was a 10 o-clock lock down. They clearly did not want any hockey teams or groups staying. Duluth is a great town for a hockey tournament but this place was not the right place to stay. We had a co-op team that was trying to get to know each other, but that wasn't possible, unfortunatley. It is a great place to stay if you are old and go to bed super early except that the parking lot needs 4 wheel drive just to get to the inn. The maids were extremely friendly and helpful. The management likes their rules more then they like people.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This was our first time staying here. We were very disappointed. The room was clean and fine, but we had a connecting door to the room next to us and we could hear everything they were saying clearly. Also, the floors above us were so creaky that we could hear the people above us walking around. So much that we couldn't fall asleep until they went to bed and we woke up because we heard them walking. I live in an apartment and am used to hearing some noise from neighbors, but I have never experienced anything like this before, not even when I lived in the college dorms. Also, the beds were extremely uncomfortable and the heating unit was either really hot or really cold. The continental breakfast was disappointing and you could barely step into the room to look at the food it was so busy. Also, there were kids running around the halls up until midnight and again in the morning as well. We could hear people closing and opening their doors clear as day. We were very disappointed, needless to say we will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: I would suggest the top floor, so you don't have to deal with creaky floors above you.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Duluth hotels

New Hampton, Iowa
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We have stayed here 3 time and have been treated very well on every visit. The staff was very nice and went out of their way to help us. The pool and hot tub were very nice. Breakfast was always very good. Will be staying there again and recommending it to everyone.

Ontario
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We have stayed here 4 times and have been treated very well on every visit. The manager went out of his way to accomodate and assist us. There have been upgrades to the rooms and they are clean. The pool and the hot tub are a bonus, especially after a long days drive. Breakfast is good, especially waffles. The breakfast area is always clean. We will be staying again on our way thru the Duluth area. Thanks to all the staff for a place well run.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Windom, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I called to check the cancellation policy of this hotel a week and a day before my check-in date. I was told by a very nice woman that I had until the Tuesday before til 4PM. (72 hours) Because our plans did indeed change I called the Tuesday before at 8AM....spoke with thee most RUDE MAN ever....he told me there was no way I could cancel this reservation...If I wanted it cancelled I had to do it 72 hours after I originally made it which was 4 weeks ago! NEVER in my life have I been spoke to like this from a front desk MANAGER as he claimed to be. I was able to go online and cancel the reservation, did receive a cancel confirmation number and did call the 800 reservation line to make sure it was cancelled. Now I will wait and see if he still tries to charge my credit card!

1 Thank Heidi B
North Mankato, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 24 November 2013

The room was old, but clean. The room was cheap, and my expectations were low; yet, this place didn't meet them. I don't know what the people upstairs were doing, but it was causing my entire room to shake. I called the front desk and it only became worse. The bed was lumpy. In the morning I was able to make my own waffles. That was fun. Check out is at an odd time, 10 am.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Ontario's Near North, Canada
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Spend 1 night here. Hotel is close to Spirit Mountain if looking for that location. Hotel was freshly painted and very clean. Front desk people are friendly. Pillows are terrible. Hallways are noisy and rooms are not sound proof if you are a light sleeper good luck. Beds not very comfortable as mattresses and box springs are both wrapped in plastic, so noisy every time you roll over.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duluth
Days Inn Duluth/By Miller Hill Mall
Comfort Inn West
#10 of 33 in Duluth
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center
Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk

Been to Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value? Share your experiences!