“Perfection!!!”

A G Thomson House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 11 Duluth B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I surprised my wife with a trip to Duluth. Being from Baltimore, one could ask why Duluth? One night at the AG Thomson B&B will answer that! Angie and Tim were magnificent hosts and we were treated better than any other B&B we have stayed at. The breakfasts were pure gourmet. The rooms were clean and quiet. The setting was simply spectacular in spite of being there a bit early in the season. When we return to Duluth, you be assured we will be staying at the AG Thomson B&B once again!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank madams2753

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Absolutely loved this B&B (perfect anniversary get away) - it was delightful from start to finish. I have already told several people to check it out. Not only were Tim & Angie as friendly as could be, the breakfast was amazing (and exceeded my expectations). Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Loved our suite with it's own private sunroom (Ryerson suite).
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sara S
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed here on our honeymoon for 4 nights in the Mayor's Chamber, and loved our stay! Breakfasts were amazing, very creative and tasty. The TV near the bed, in suite jacuzzi and fireplace are very romantic. Hosts Tim and Angie did a great job of cleaning our room while we were out, and nice little touches like wrapped chocolates every day. You really get the sense that the mansion belongs to you during your stay.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Tim7174
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We have been wanting to visit AG Thomson B&B for years and the right opportunity chose us. A National Math Conference in May 2014 set our path to Duluth Minnesota. All of the hotels were completely booked with professional mathamaticians. We had a choice to stay for free at my parents home on a comfy futon in the attic or treat ourselves to AG Thomson B&B. Tim greeted us in the driveway as we pulled in. He gave us a brief introductory tour, history of the house and escorted us to our lovely Ryerson rooms. Our room has a private bath and sunroom with 2 fireplaces. We could have ordered our breakfast delivered to our room in a basket, but we chose the dining room experience. Angie is a food goddess! Tim can bake the most scrumptious muffins. They are meant to be in this line of business. This is their calling and their passion. We look forward to our next visit when their award winning gardens are in bloom.

Room Tip: It is dependent on the occasion, many lovely choices.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MinnesotaCabinFever
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My fiancé Tom took me to the AG Thomson House for a surprise weekend away. Angie & Tim greeted us warmly upon arrival and have done an amazing job creating the charming ambience you would hope to find visiting a B&B. I had never been to a B&B before. I have Celiacs & a dairy intolerance and they worked around my food allergies offering delicious food that I could eat safely. I was amazed at their attention of detail even when it came to what they served. This is the ONLY place we will stay at when we venture up to Duluth for a weekend vacation. Tom got us coffee cups and now when I sip coffee out of my B&B mug each morning, I smile. Tom proposed to me that weekend and now we are engaged! What a lovely place to experience the little things life has to offer and to make lasting memories.
Thank you Angie & Tim!
Abby

Room Tip: They are ALL lovely rooms!
2  Thank Abby C
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at the AG Thomson house for our honeymoon and we couldn't have been more impressed. The house is full of character, very warm and inviting and offered us plenty of space to feel alone and relax. Tim and Angie are great hosts! We were greeted with a smile and a handshake upon arrival and were given hugs goodbye. Angie makes an AMAZING breakfast each morning that can either be delivered to your room or is served in the guest dining room.
I wouldn't even think about staying anyplace else on our next trip to Duluth!

2  Thank Leslie W
Reviewed 19 March 2014

What a wonderful experience for a couple of 70 + year-olds for our first stay ever at a B & B. My husband needs oxygen and CPAP so we had extra luggage. The owners, Angie and Tim, were right there when we arrived to carry our luggage to our room. After a tour of the home and explanation of a few rules, we were shown to our beautifully decorated room with fireplace and a double whirlpool tub. The entire home was spotlessly clean which we appreciated. A couple of selections from their large collection of movies provided us with a relaxing evening in our room after hours of travel and attending a wake. After a restful night's sleep, we were served a delicious breakfast including our first taste of yummy strawberry soup and many other homemade food! Everyone should put the Thomson House on their bucket list as a fantastic, beautiful place to stay in Duluth. Some of our grown children have stayed here and recommended it to us. We were not disappointed and we will plan to return for another stay.

2  Thank GrandmaGosh
AGTDuluth, Owner at A G Thomson House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Such kind words - thank you! We are so happy your family sent you our way and that your first B&B experience was a positive one! We may be biased, but we think a B&B stay is always the way to go! And we had such a great time visiting with you; just not enough time! We will hope to see you again when the weather warms, and allow you to enjoy the gazebo and some more conversation!