Like many of our trips/vacations over the past couple of years, my wife suggested the A.G. Thomson House because of the stellar TripAdvisor ratings. We stayed for 3 nights the week before July 4th in the Ryerson Suite.
The Ryerson Suite was great! It was our own private getaway from the hustle and bustle of life. Decorations, furnishings, everything was top-notch. The Suite has a very nice jacuzzi tub as well. In addition, there is a smaller sun room in the Suite that was wonderful to hang out with a blanket at night (yes, it's summer in Duluth!)
What can I say, but wow! From getting breakfast delivered to our door in a basket on the first day to having breakfast served by Angie and Tim in the dining room, the food was amazing. You will NOT go hungry staying here, nor will you probably have food like this anywhere in Duluth. Breakfast seemed like something served in a Five Star European villa (not that I've had that). Well-thought out menus, using seasonal ingredients, and just amazing tastes and flavors! Angie is an amazing chef!
Angie and Tim are the best hosts. Tim met us in the driveway when we arrived and helped us inside. Once in, Angie showed us to our Suite and gave us a tour. She provided recommendations for dinner that first night (check in was 4-6pm) and even offered to call and make reservations for us. Truly, you don't see Angie or Tim much unless you come down for breakfast in the morning, but when you do see them, they are the nicest people.
The landscaping around the A.G. Thomson House was breathtaking. Our last night, my wife and I shared a bottle of wine in the gazebo and just enjoyed the peace and quiet while reading books. A great end to an awesome vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where Elegance meets Casual Comfort at our award winning Bed and Breakfast. Ideally located in the heart of Duluth's mansion district on 2 acres of private grounds with award winning gardens just minutes from extraordinary restaurants, shops, Canal Park and majestic Lake Superior. Featuring 7 exquisite guest rooms with modern amenities such as two-person whirlpools, A/C, Fireplaces, TV/DVD's, King and Queen Beds, free high speed Wi-Fi and so, so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your A G Thomson House Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a.g. Thomson House: Historic b&b
- a.g. Thomson House: Historic Hotel Duluth