“Beautiful, relaxing getaway!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Ottertail, Minnesota
“Beautiful, relaxing getaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2010

Tim and Angie do such a wonderful job of making you feel at home, without all of the work! We decided to spend our honeymoon at this bed and breakfast and will definately be making our way back very soon! I would recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone!

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2010

My fiance and I stayed at the A.G. Thomson House in August and it was exactly the romantic, relaxing night away that we needed!! I can't say enough good things about our night here - Angie and Tim are incredibly nice; our room was clean, cozy, had a TV (some people wouldn't like that, but it was a small flat screen and we napped with it on); a whirlpool tub; fresh baked cookies were out when we arrived; breakfast was delicious; we were able to walk to dinner. We will never stay anywhere else in Duluth. It is so easy to relax and reconnect here! I would love to go back again soon! Highly recommend!!!

Jacksonville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

We have stayed in many B & Bs and this one rates up there with the best! Beautiful, quiet home in an upscale neighborhood. Lovely personal touches all through out the stay. The breakfasts were delicious and the Inn Keepers - Angie and Tim - are warm hearted and welcoming.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2010

My daughter and I were looking for an extended weekend trip to the Duluth area and North Shore Lake Superior. We heard about the A.G. Thompson House and wanted to try an historic bed and breakfast. What a fabulous experience from the quaint, very comfortable rooms to the amazing breakfast that Angie and Tom prepared for us the next morning. They have spared nothing in providing a very welcoming ,comfortable lodging experience. The house and grounds are beautiful, and service was exceptional! We won't hesitate to stay again!

• Stayed August 2010
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2010

I chose the AG Thomson House Bed & Breakfast when I was planning a getaway to relax and refresh. My two requirements were that the B&B be in the north and that it serve vegan breakfasts. When I made the reservation, I spoke with Angie to let her know that I needed vegan breakfasts and she told me that it would be no problem, asked if there were certain foods that I wanted, and told me of several dishes that she has prepared. When I arrived, I was met at my car by Tim and Angie. They showed me the house, where there were vegan cookies waiting for me in the dining room. Tim showed me to my room and gave me directions on getting to the lake walk from the house. The sumptuous breakfasts consisted of fresh fruit, home baked muffins, scones, lemon blueberry french toast, wild rice casserole, scrambled tofu wrap, wild rice patties, and more. Tim and Angie took the time and effort to make all of these dishes vegan for me. After breakfast, Angie sat with me for a few minutes visiting and giving me tips on where to go depending on what I wanted to do that day. In the afternoons, when I returned from my day, there were always vegan treats waiting for me and on more than one occasion, Tim or Angie was there to inquire about my day and ask if I would like them to make coffee for me. Tim and Angie definitely have the gift of hospitality. While I was sorry to leave, I look forward to my next stay at AG Thomson House.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2010

My wife and I stayed at the A.G. Thomson House for our 10 year anniversary. We both thought the house was very beautiful and cozy. Angie and Tim greeted us with a very warm welcome. The warm chocolate chip cookies that were presented to us when we arrived were delicious! Our room (Edwin H. Hewitt) was gorgeous, and it was so neat to see the original fixtures from the early 1900's in our bathroom. We relaxed and took a rejuvenating nap in the hammock on the beautiful grounds. Angie and Tim were so accommodating; they put our breakfast together in a basket, and my wife and I enjoyed one of the best breakfasts we have ever had outside on our deck/porch. It was very special! Angie and Tim are such gracious and wonderful hosts, and we thank them very much for having us! We definitely hope to return soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2010

Our stay at the A.G. Thomson House in Duluth, MN was among the most special that we have experienced at any bed and breakfast in the United States. The decor, comfort, and conveniences were superb, but we were also truly appreciative of Angie and Tim's attention to detail as it related to virtually every aspect of our visit, including the glorious breakfast basket that was graciously delivered to our room each morning. These are innkeepers who care, and we miss them already!!

1 Thank Scott1385