My bf and I stayed in one of the upstairs rooms in the carriage house -- the one with the wooden-log-construction bed; not the western/Santa Fe themed one. We agreed that staying in the carriage house, which is maybe 20 yards from the main house, suited us because of its privacy. We particularly enjoyed the two-person spa and how friendly but very hands-off the hosts were since we felt free to come and go as we pleased with no interruption.
Breakfast was very nice. It didn't blow my mind and it would have been nice to have something savory to go with what was a lot of sweet, but it was very nicely done and filled us nicely for the rest of the morning driving north. There was one donut-type muffin each (think a sour cream muffin rolled in cinnamon sugar) and fruit for a "first course" and then an oven pancake with strawberries and whipped cream. The whole experience was very couple-y, which in our case was sort of nice since this was a first weekend away together and neither of us had ever stayed in a bed and breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where Elegance meets Casual Comfort at our award winning Bed and Breakfast. Ideally located in the heart of Duluth's mansion district on 2 acres of private grounds with award winning gardens just minutes from extraordinary restaurants, shops, Canal Park and majestic Lake Superior. Featuring 7 exquisite guest rooms with modern amenities such as two-person whirlpools, A/C, Fireplaces, TV/DVD's, King and Queen Beds, free high speed Wi-Fi and so, so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your A G Thomson House Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a.g. Thomson House: Historic b&b
- a.g. Thomson House: Historic Hotel Duluth