“Delicious, affordable Mexican food!”
Review of El Loro

El Loro
Ranked #14 of 129 Restaurants in Eagan
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious, affordable Mexican food!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

This is our go-to regular places whenever we start craving this highly addictive Mexican food which also happens to be cheap. I have even compared it with Chipotle and feel El loro rates higher for it's mouthwatering flavors, excellent chips and salsa and it's authentic Mexican taste. But be warned, it is loaded with heavy cheese and tomato sauces, so it isn't exactly healthy compared to Chipotle. Nevertheless, my husband and I love the food, the relaxed ambience, the 10 percent coupons found online which further brings down the price. The cheapest dishes would be the burritos- Y.U.M!! The special burrito fills you up for just $4-$5 combined with their free tasty chips and salsa. Lunch specials are the best as they are so affordable! My favorite is the Hueovos Con Chorizo. The fajitas are also very good. If you want to splurge more, you can choose the dinner specials. The molcajeto Mexicano is excellent. But please steer clear of the steak and shrimp. It isn't worth the price as the steak was unevenly cooked and felt like biting into a piece of rubber. It was terrible. The wait-time for food can range between 10-25 minutes, so a star off for that and the cleanliness of the surroundings. I have seen dots of food splatters on the walls but I'm guessing the food is clean as it hasn't upset my stomach in all my 2 years of monthly visits to this restaurant. All in all, a good place to dine in a casual setting after a hard day's work!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Pearl J

MINDEN
“Excellant food and friendly staff”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We arrived 15 minutes before closing and the staff was very welcoming and the food was excellant. Really loved the chips/salsa/queso!!

Visited June 2014
Midwest
“Very busy for a reason.”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This restaurant was very busy on a Saturday afternoon and finding parking can be a challenge, but the food was excellent. The chips/salsa/dip are very good and we have to restrain ourselves from overeating chips before our meal was served. The chicken taco salad was exceptional. It was loaded with delicious shredded meat; more meat than lettuce! Portions are generous for the price.

Woodville, FL
“WoW! More than I counted on...”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Well, so I went to this place because it was close to my hotel. I have to admit, the reviews were mixed on here, so I wasn't sure, but I didn't want to drive too far. I was pleasantly surprised. I have to say that the positive reviews were right and so were the mixed ones (in a way).... So, I sit down and the usual chips and salsa hit the table.... but with a twist, they also dropped this cup of creamy sauce, that I later found out was called El Loro sauce, on the table along with the C&S.... this El Loro sauce I have to say, is the bomb! Then the margarita arrived and I could actually taste the Tequila, so I was very happy! I ordered the Molcajete Mexicano and it was fabulous! I also ordered a regular Chicken Taco and that's where some of the other mixed reviews come into play (the chicken was pretty bland... not as marinated as some places I have been). But all in all, this was an awesome place and I will go back. The waiter even cut me a break on the price of the margaritas, which he got back personally. So, if you're in the area, I recommend this place highly.....

Burnsville, Minnesota
“Chips and Salsa”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My friends and my family refer to this place as "Chips and Salsa" because that is the whole reason to come to this restaurant. It is so good i think about it for days. I am not a big fan of the other food. I usually just get the rice and beans to go with my chips and salsa. One time I got a burrito and it was the size of a small baby. The staff are very nice and they take your order without writing it down and alway get it right. That alway impresses me.

• Visited April 2014

Been to El Loro? Share your experiences!