Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - North
US$108
US$204
GardenInn.com
US$186
All reviewsan extended stayweekly cleaningsams clubstayed only one nightsmall kitchenroom was cleanstar hotelshort stayshopping and restaurantsparking lotgarbageprinterpaul
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This is one of two Extended Stay hotels in Eagan that I get through Hotwire. Either one is fine for my purposes. Housecleaning just once per week suits me, because I come from Japan and have a variable schedule, so daily housekeeping might interrupt rest periods or private time.

Front desk staff are friendly helpful. They readily share information about the area, and gave me a Mall of America coupon book and various guides to Eagan with discount offers. This Extended Stay is close to a Sam's Club, and the hotel has a membership card that guests can use for up to two hours at a time.

One concern is related to cleanliness. This Extended Stay is on par with how clean I keep my own apartment, but falls short of standards that are the norm in Japanese and high-end American hotels. So I wash, or re-wash, the Extended Stay dining ware before eating or drinking anything.

For guests not fond of cooking, just a mile or so away is a Byerly's grocery store with ready-to-go prepared foods and a nice salad bar that includes meat, vegetables, and soup.

Besides being close to a Sam's Club, this Extended Stay is across the street from a new "Urgency Room" urgent care medical facility.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ken N
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Ken - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the front desk staff and the services that we provided during your stay. We are a unique hotel in that we have a full kitchen and housekeeping cleans the rooms weekly. We are pleased that these amenities were ideal for your needs.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Front desk check-in and check-out was friendly, quick, and efficient. Contrary to another reviewer, I thought the kitchen size was excellent. Cabinets, counters, appliances were actually large enough to do a small prep & cook, plus store food for an extended stay. Bed and bedding were clean and comfortable, and at least a couple levels of quality above what I am used to seeing in a budget-priced hotel. Overall, the room was quiet. The grounds are attractive and well maintained...much more attractive and functional than the Microtel next door! Weekly cleaning service was usually good, but I did have to request a re-do on one occasion, to get the bath and kitchen properly cleaned. Wi-fi speed was good. Plus, they also had a small room with a couple of computers and a printer. And a small exercise room. Washers and dryers were recently increased from $1.00 to $2.00 for each load - very expensive! Overall, not fancy, but comfortable, and a good value for the $'s.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our Guest Services Representatives and your stay with us. We were glad that you got a chance to enjoy the extra amenities such as the business center and exercise room. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 13 July 2013

I found this hotel to be an excellent value. I stayed 7 nights with my family of five, and we were all able to sleep comfortably and not feel on top of each other. The room was clean; our room had a king sized bed and a pull out sofa bed. The free wi-fi and breakfast was a huge money saver for us, as well. With small children, it was imperative that we have a kitchen, and this kitchen in the room was adequately stocked for our stay. The staff were courteous and efficient and any need was immediately addressed. In fact, in the middle of a severe thunderstorm and subsequent power outage, we were personally delivered a large flashlight by the hotel's manager, Stacy (who was on her day off), because she was aware we had small children in our room. We were also given towels in the lobby after dashing through the rain to enter the hotel by the front desk attendant, Laura, which was also a nice touch. I did not hear noise from any other rooms, which was great because one of my children is a light sleeper. They also have a pantry with snacks and drinks. This saved our night when we ran out of milk in the middle of the night. Overall, the staff was highly accommodating, and the hotel was clean and in a nice area. I highly recommend it to families who need a good, inexpensive place to stay. Is it fancy? No. But it is a nice, quiet, clean, and friendly place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - North, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was our pleasure to have provided you with the flash light as we were aware that you had small children traveling with you. We are glad that you were able to enjoy our amenities and that our staff was accommodating to your needs. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

The grounds are nice and well manicured with picnic tables and a grill. The room is dirty and the kitchen takes up mpost of the space. The TV channel selection is awful, they don't even have History or SyFy channels, the remote hardly works, and many stations are fuzzy! The rooms have large mirrored doors for the closet that I dislike because I was constantly worried my child would hit against them by accident and break them or hurt himself.

The washers and dryers are very expensive and outdated, and the pantry with snacks and sodas lacks healthy options, like juicer, and is also way overpriced. The computers and printer are a nice touch.

Be sure when you are booking that you do not mistakenly extend your stay at their other Eagan location, like I did. They absolutely REFUSE to give you a ride in their van to their other Eagan location-- about a mile away, even if the van is going to that other location! Not only were all taxi services busy due to a game downtown, but the van passed me as I walked with 4 bags a mile to the other location! TERRIBLE! They gave me an awful excuse about how they only use the van to bring corporate clients to work. They could have been reasonable and flexible about the issue, and given me a lift considering they were going that way, and I was too! This inflexible policy is the reason I will not book Extended Stay ever again-- Candlewood is cleaner and nicer anyhow!

Room Tip: The highway side rooms have nice views, but can be louder-- but not as loud as many hotels. The first floor has nicer rooms, the girls at the front even said those 1st floor rooms were updated recently.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Eden D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - North, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Eden - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We appreciate the kind comments about the grounds; however, we apologize for the way that the transportation issue was handled. Our hotel van is not for public use as it is contracted out exclusively to a local company. Still, I believe that there were other alternatives for a resolution that would have worked for both parties. In response to your feedback, I am reviewing how to handle these types of situations with my team to ensure that this does not happen again.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at egn@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

As a two star hotel, we were not expecting luxury or embellishments. I was disappointed getting into a shower and having no shampoo, and when I went to get into bed my foot hit something just under the bed shirt. It was an empty beer bottle!

Generally, I thought the room was ample sized, the air conditioner wasn't the quietest, but it worked, and for the price it was a decent value. I did notice that the front desk was unoccupied at most times I came through. Not a problem for me, but could certainly be for others.

We were only there for one evening, and the morning coffee and muffin were more than enough for us. I still thought that shampoo is a basic with soap!

Now the ultimate question...would we return? We stayed one week later at the extended stay located very near this one and found the property much more updated with a really nice cushy bed at just about the same price. All bath amenities were also available. There is definately room for improvement at this location.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank belindac
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so glad that your found your room to be spacious and quiet. Still, I am very sorry that our amenity policy was not conveyed to you at check-in. For future reference, we do offer some toiletries behind the front desk for guests to use upon request. As well, I apologize that our staff was not available when you required assistance. I will be speaking with them about the importance of providing great customer service and being behind the front desk at all times moving forward.