TownePlace Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Eagan
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Picked TownePlace Suites in Eagan because of location central to all the stops we will make. Also to have more room for the 5 day stay. We were not disappointed. Only glitch was one nite arrival and room was not serviced. Management took care of it immediately. Bed and pillows were very comfortable and the shower was strong. Close to several dining and breakfast spots.

Room Tip: We always choose upper floor rooms, non smoking.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We really loved this hotel -- we got a 2br suite for us (a couple) plus our two kids, and the room was spacious, clean, and wonderful. The pool was clean -- a bit small, but nobody else was down there, so our two kids loved it. The breakfast is spartan but as advertised. The location was convenient. All in all, this is a hotel we will return to when we're in town next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Melissa W, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Eagan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay at the TownePlace Suites in Eagan. I am very pleased that you had a wonderful stay while you were with us.

We look forward to your return trip to Eagan and having the opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I had an unplanned stopover in MSP due to flight cancellation and used a courtesy phone in the airport to book a hotel for one night. With low expectations of an airport hotel (even in the Marriott family), I was pleasantly surprised - the email confirmation said you would be greeted with a big smile - and after being awake/traveling for 20 hours, I was a bit skeptical - but actually it was true! The lady on reception was lovely and was thoughtful enough to give me a ground floor room as she could see I was struggling with all my luggage.

The room had a kitchen, sofa area and was very clean and roomy. For a longer stay, it would be perfect place to stay. There are not many amenities outside the hotel area (a gas station, Chili's and Wendy's are walkable). The local area (Eagan) seems very nice on the drive through from MSP.

The bed was very comfortable and given the circumstances of my stay, I am very happy with the experience.

The hotel does provide a courtesy shuttle to MSP, but I got a taxi to the hotel for $25 + tip.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, ask for a ground floor room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Melissa W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Eagan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Good Morning,

Thank you for your review and we are delighted that your stay with the TownePlace Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Eagan was enjoyable.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts about us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed in TownePlace Suites because of price for this personal trip. I normally stay in the higher-end Marriott family hotels and have come to have expectations on quality, restfulness, and overall experience when staying with Marriott.

I'm glad that I tried TownePlace Suites in Eagan. It was a wonderful stay on a Thursday night. The staff was professional and helpful.

The room included a queen size bed that was very comfortable, a small kitchenette, ample business desk for work, a pull-out sofa, good sized restroom, and a way larger than average closet for coats and extra linens.

The lobby/breakfast area is probably the only detractor that I experienced. Traveling with family (3) we took the only 4-person table in the breakfast area. Everything else was a two-person, bar-seat style arrangement.

The business area consists of a single computer connected to the Internet, without separating walls for privacy. Very hard to concentrate. But, remember the room has a large desk area to work at. If I were traveling on business with colleagues, I'd most likely work within the room. That would be fine for two, but no more.

I did not use the exercise room, but I did look in. It had newer equipment and seemed to be in good working order as several people used it over the period of time that I did work in the breakfast room to avoid waking others in the family.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor may have a bit more air traffic noise, but less guest noise. The hotel wasn...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank WebdudeIA
Melissa W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Eagan, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the TownePlace Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Eagan.

Best regards,
Melissa W

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We loved this hotel! We were traveling with another couple to the Dominican Republic. We got the 2 bedroom suite, and shared the cost. We each had our own bedroom, as well as a kitchenette, dining room, and a sofa with TV. We were very comfortable to have a cocktail that night and talk. The next day we were able to leave the car there for a week, and the shuttle dropped us off at the airport. When we came home we called the hotel and they picked us up from the airport and dropped us off at our car. The beds were comfortable and we felt right at home!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with another couple the 2 bedroom suite is a great value.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Melissa W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Eagan, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Melissa Weber

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Just a travel background first. I live 4-5 hours from the MSP airport so I usually have to at least 1 park and fly in one direction, because I cant drive at night. This trip we did one park and fly on each end, both at the Townplace Suites. The Hilton was always our favorite, but this last two trips have been around $200 per nite for a basic room and 7 days of parking with a 24 hour shuttle. Most times we have 4-6 people so we need to get two rooms at 200 per night (incl 2 cars to park for 7 days). So this time I decided to try something diffrent and try a suite hotel, being that they had a park and fly rate with a 24 hr shuttle. We had 5 in our party and a room on both ends of the vacation. The outbound room was $169, $129 for the return (both were booked as a park and fly) Well I want to say the rooms blew me away! Comfortable beds (2 bedrooms), a sleeper sofa, well stocked full kitchen (I was able to make a spaggetti dinner for my family) a dining room , living room and den. Onsite laundry and gym The shuttle service was excellent a 5 min wait on the outbound and 20 minute wait on the return. This hotel is my new park and fly hotel for MSP. Also the location is perfect, plenty of food places nearby (Chilis and Wendys within walking distance). A Sams club with in a mile. The hotel is adjacent to Marriott Springhill suites and shares a shuttle.

Room Tip: If you want parking, you must book as Experience, park and fly
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I booked this stay for the night before our flight using my Marriott rewards points. I confirmed they offered FREE 24 HOUR SHUTTLE TO THE AIRPORT. I called the property directly -- yes, free AND you can leave your car in the lot. I checked the reviews on tripadvisor and YES -- it was free to leave your car. ($99 room rate would be equivalent to the points I used)

When I arrived at the hotel, the person at the desk didn't know how to handle it but told me the charge for leaving our car was $10 day. "What?!" I explained to her that I called and was told FREE. I was told by Marriott reservation it was free. ...she said no and she would call her manager. She later told me her manager confirmed the charge was $10 night.

We were going to be gone 11 days, so I knew there were better options. I decided I wanted my points back and we would move to the Residence Inn in Edina (We usually stay at the Residence Inn but their shuttle to the airport had different hours) ...and yes, the shuttle and leaving your car is FREE there. But, we would save money by staying at that hotel and taking the cab versus leaving our car at this hotel for $10/day.

The hotel didn't know how to give me my points back -- so I called Marriott. They "negotiated" a rate of $60 for the entire stay to leave my car PLUS the points I paid for my stay. So -- that meant $159 for my stay. But, I had nearly an hour into this and I knew I'd have another 30 minutes into moving my stuff -- getting another reservation, etc. So, I went with it.

The room was fine. The room was clean. Bed was comfortable.

Upon my return, I received an email from the manager of the hotel apologizing for the confusion and they are refunding the $60 charged for the parking.

The shuttle driver, Dan, was very professional and courteous. But, this was way more hassle than I care to go through before a vacation.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple