“A great place to stay in the Minneapolis area on a budget”

TownePlace Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Eagan
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Brandon, Canada
“A great place to stay in the Minneapolis area on a budget”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2009

A short drive from the Mall of America (10 minutes in light traffic), this hotel was very clean and tidy with staff that were FANTASTIC. We were allowed to check in early after front desk staff (Thanks Alex!) gave us excellent clear directions on how to find the hotel from the MOA. We had a queen suite which consisted of a studio type suite with queen sized bed, sitting area and kitchen. The room had a really large spacious bathrooom with great water pressure.

The hotel is located near a Wal-Mart, Jiffy Lube and several restaurants (we tried Chilis, which was great!) Would have liked to stay longer (only stayed one night) but will certainly return.

Coffee, tea and hot chocolate are available in the lobby 24 hours a day and the outdoor pool appeared clean, although we didn't get to use it.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Hoyt, KS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2009

My husband and I have done extensive U.S. travel and found this to be the best motel by far for accommodations. Absolutely quiet, clean, comfortable and convenient. The fully equipped kitchen just blew us away. We've never had a dishwasher at a motel before. Will stay there again soon. Thank you Marriott!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
duluth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2009

I was very impressed with the TownePlace Suites. I was traveling with my 2 small children, and LOVED the spacious two bedroom suite!! The fully equipped kitchen is nice as we didnt have to eat every meal at a restaurant. We were in town for a family birthday party and made a weekend trip out of it. Sandy at the front desk helped us find family friendly restaurants and attractions in the area. We ate at Houlihans (great kids menu) and went to the Minnesota Zoo and the Mall of America. The zoo was only a few miles away and the hotel offered free shuttle to the mall, so I didnt even have to worry about parking!! Sandy, and the rest of the staff we so welcoming and knowledgeable. I will be back to the TownePlace Suites and I will be recommending it to all of my friends and family.

Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
Burnsville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2009

Towneplace Suites was perfect for my stay. I had a house fire and my insurance company booked me at Towneplace. I am so happy that is where they put me. The staff is so friendly and very helpful. The room was great. I never expected a whole kitchen in my room, even an oven! I was able to pick up a Papa Murphy's Pizza and bake it in my own room. I had free high speed internet in my room and I was able to print at the computer in the lobby. The fitness room was being redone while I was there. I found out by talking to the staff that they are getting some new fitness equipment as well. I'm sure it will look great when it is finished. The front desk staff said they will be getting an entire renovation in a few months. I will be coming back to see the new renovation. The room was very clean and the housekeepers even smiled and said hello when they saw me in the hallway. There is a market to purchase drinks, snacks and food. Very convenient. I also enjoyed relaxing in the lobby in front of the fireplace. Thank you Towneplace for an excellent stay!

• Liked — The Roomy Suite
  • Disliked — I liked it all
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
Az
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2008

Stayed at the Towneplace Suites for four nights very recently and had a fabulous stay. Check in took just a minute. We needed a crib and they brought that right up to us. I also asked the gentlemen who brought the crib to recomend a local pizza place that delievered, well he went down and brought up a whole printed list of places! Excellent service. Also hotel has large map in lobby with grocery stores, etc so you have an easy way of finding things. Very close to Mall of America, they have a shuttle, but we just drove instead. Kitchen fully equipped, even had dishwasher! Would stay here again if I was in the area!

• Liked — Great service and full kitchen!
  • Disliked — Didnt replace shampoo or conditioner
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
La Crosse, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2007

I was actually supposed to be at the Springhill Suites next door, but they had overbooked and placed my son and I at the Towne Place Suites. That was no problem to me, as it was just across the parking lot. We had a nice surprise when we checked in as they gave us a two bedroom suite, so we each had our own room. With a 19 year old, that is a nice bonus, as I always want to go to sleep before he does. I didn't hear a thing from him, once I decided to go to bed. The room also had a full kitchette with stove, refrigerator, microwave, table and chairs. We wished that we could have stayed longer, but we just needed a room for one night before flying out of the MSP airport on vacation. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The property was quiet and had a nice commons area. I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Lots of room
  • Disliked — Check in is at a desk, not a counter
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2007

Stayed for five days with a group of four and had a fantastic time. The staff were lovely (as were the other guests we met) and helpfully accommodated our early arrival. Location was perfect for our needs, with plenty of shopping and eating options nearby. Room was exceptionally clean and well-sized and the free high speed internet access in our room a big plus. Good value.

• Liked — Huge room
  • Disliked — Highway noise
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Travellers also viewed these Eagan hotels
Hampton Inn Minneapolis / Eagan
SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Eagan
Staybridge Suites Eagan-Mall Of America
Sonesta ES Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan
BEST WESTERN PLUS Dakota Ridge

Been to TownePlace Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Eagan? Share your experiences!