“No Air Conditioning!”

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Faribault, Minnesota
“No Air Conditioning!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

Immediately upon entering the lobby I noticed how hot it was in there. I arrived several hours before checkin hoping we could get our room early as we weren't going to be back to the hotel until late that night. No such luck but honestly I didn't expect that we would get our room earlier than the official check in time. The front desk person was very nice but made no mention of the lack of air conditioning. I had to ask if there was still ac in the room. The answer was yes and that only the public areas were affected. No apologies were offered. She mentioned that a repairman had come the day before and found nothing wrong. The lobby, breakfast area, and hallways were very warm. It's obvious that the air conditioning isn't working but not to acknowledge the problem or to apologize for the impact on my stay is not good customer service.

Our room was what you expect from a Country Inn but it was certainly showing its age. Mattress was a bit soft for my taste. Pillows weren't firm enough. My wife and son went to breakfast at 9:25 am thinking that it was available until 10 am (typical for most places we've stayed). Boy, were they wrong. Breakfast ends at 9:30 and much of the stuff was already put away. Fortunately, one nice employee retrieved waffle batter (the other attendent was as accommodating).

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ohcoda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Thunder Bay
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

Stayed here for one night to extend our vacation...

Rooms:

2 Queen beds - fairly comfortable if a bit worn. Bedding and pillows were comfortable and clean. TV was an old style CRT, and there was a working microwave and fridge in the room. The AC unit worked well. There was a bit of an odour to the room that I can't place (it was a non-smoking room). Bathroom was small and a bit worn, but clean.

Pool & Hottub:

We didn't utilize it, but it looked clean, albeit very small.

Continental Breakfast:

Unfortunately this was probably one of the worst continentals we had ever had. Even our 8 yr old son didn't enjoy it. It had some type of egg... patties that were flacid and cold. The sausage patties were dry, very spicy (think pepper) and overcooked. It did have the usual waffle maker/cereal/bagel items, as well as yogurt and instant oatmeat. The banana's were mostly bruised.

For the price ($86/Sunday night) it wasn't bad. It was clean and quiet. The breakfast was a wash and we had an early lunch.

Although it wasn't a bad place, there are a lot better options out there in that price range, IMO.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

I have stayed at the country inn twice on business trips. The hotel shuttle very useful,it has picked me up from the airport and dropped me back-- and dropped me off to the work site. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable and temperature control function. The toiletries in the room come in un-useable small packs-- not sufficient to get a shampoo in. The only aesthetic complaint I have is the rooms are so very depressingly beige---a small issue, I know. The only walkable place to get food is McDonald-- not my idea of dinner. They do have a few places that deliver for a few dollars to the room. I ordered from the Green Mill -- they took an hour and a half to deliver dinner (I was famished). The breakfast at the hotel is mediocre.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 4th floor-- they are quieter
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

Fairly typical Country Inn. Was surprised the queen rooms had no bed skirts. They seem to be a standard faire with Country. Another strange thing was none of the blankets in bags matched. Some were cream color and another was an old blue velour one. Best part about our stay was out lift to the airport on Sunday morning. The driver was great! He was careful and very friendly. I would definitely stay here again because of him! Thanks so much!

• Stayed April 2012
Onalaska, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Booked on hotels tonight. Drove past nice hotels to stay at this hotel. Queen beds resembled twin and soft as a sleeping bag at camp. Woke up with a stiff neck. I spend 100 night a year in hotels and this in in lowest 10%.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
9 Thank RSTT3959
Rothsay, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

I made reservations for two nights, but regretting it. After checking in, we found several stains on our sheets (don't want any STDs) and dirty blankets. I called to have them changed, but had to do it myself because there was only the front desk attendant available. I went down to get them and there were in fact two personnel present. They did not have any blankets so I ended up having a sleepless night. I checked back in the morning and still no blankets. Paid way to much for dirty bedding and a sleepless night.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Nathan Z
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stayed at the Eagan Country Inn & Suites for 5 nights. We originally booked 4 nights and had booked another, more expensive room at the Best Western Plus across from Mall Of America. Since we were comfortable at the Country Inn, we decided to save $50 and stay another night there instead. Every staff member we met was very courteous and friendly. The pool area was nice. Pool temp was warm which was nice. Also has two hot tubs. The breakfast was very good - something for everyone in our family of 2 adults, a 14 and 10 year old. Only downside is there are only about 10 small tables that hold 2 chairs and one 4 chair table. When many families are eating there isn't much room for them to sit together. The food staff did a good job keeping everything filled. We enjoyed the hot food on the buffet every morning, varied between sausage, eggs, and biscuits and gravy plus they had make your own waffles, fresh fruit and a variety of cereals and breads/pastries. The room was a little smaller than we've had in the past with Country Inns. We had a 2 queen room but since we weren't in the room much it suited us just fine. Beds were comfortable and pillows were awesome. Good channel selection on tv and hi speed internet worked well. Our room's air conditioning took forever to cool room down but once it was cool it was comfortable. Only complaint was bathroom lighting was horrible, and it wasn't much brighter in the room. Other suggestion would be to have the Park and Fly people park their cars in the back of the lot. Many cars were in the front row of the hotel parking and they weren't even there. We would definitely return to this hotel and will recommend to others. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: 4th floor is very quiet
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eagan
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Inver Grove Heights
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Inver G...
#3 of 3 in Inver Grove Heights
Hampton Inn Minneapolis / Eagan
Minneapolis Airport Marriott
Minneapolis Airport Marriott
#37 of 43 in Bloomington
BEST WESTERN PLUS Dakota Ridge
Staybridge Suites Eagan-Mall Of America
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eagan

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan? Share your experiences!