Applebee's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Went in late, and service was great. Server was helpful and always checking in with us. Food was good.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The food was good. The service and atmosphere was great. Applebee's is always a good choice no matter where you are in the United States!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Restaurants that are huge chains like Applebee's don't really need reviews. The hallmark of their existence is no matter where you are the food should be consistent. I've dined at Applebees all across this nation and they are just fine. Same with other joints like Olive Garden or even McDonalds. Wherever you go its the same.

What sets these places apart is the service. Having lived in Eagan for the past handful of years, I have dined at this particular Applebee's several times. I can't remember one positive experience there, but I can think of very negative ones. You see, I think there is something different about this particular location. I don't know exactly what it is...maybe the owner is incompetent or the manager...I don't know. All I know is whenever there is a deviation from what is expected to happen this place has failed. So badly I stopped going to this location. Until one night, pressed for time the gf suggested this place and I relented. Give em on more chance, I decided.

Big Mistake and this is a perfect example of what is wrong with this place.

i ordered a dish that had penne noodles and chicken as part of the 2 for 20 promotion. Sat and chatted with gf for awhile until realized I was darn hungry and food was not here yet. TWENTY MINUTES had elapsed. This is Applebee's. It does not take 20 minutes for anything to get to you, even when they are slammed. During this time our waitress did not come to check up on us once, not even to refill an empty lemondade glass. My gf had to flag down some other server. Then a few minutes later some guy wanders over, apparently the manager?, and informs me they are out of penne noodles. Doesn't say sorry I've made you wait nearly a half hour when we knew long before that we had no penne noodles. Doesn't offer any explanation. Just asks if I'd like to substitute a different noodle. So I did. 10 minutes later I got the food and frankly it was not good.
Waitress finally came over asked how stuff was. I told her my opinion. She said "aww" then gave me the bill.

Zero tip. I waited over 30 minutes to be served food that was a complete fail. Applebee's offered absolutely zilch except an insincere half-hearted apology for inconveniencing me and not informing me in a timely manner a product was out. The whole bad feelings on my part could have been alleviated a number of inexpensive ways.
1. A sincere apology....which is FREE
2. Even the smallest of discounts for my meal
3. Not being ignored for 20 minute periods of time

I'll also add that the joint was not that busy when we went there. At most half full so its not like these people were over worked or frantically busy.

Sadly, this has been the typical experience at this particular location. I will never go there again and I will take every opportunity to tell anyone who will listen why they shouldn't as well. Makes me think all these other reviews here are shills or something gushing about great service...

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We ate here the evening before our Mexico vacation. From the Margaritas to the ribs, it was great as always. We tried something new, the mozzarella covered pretzel appetizers, which were delicious. We have always had great food and service at Applebee's, and this one didn't fail to satisfy.

Reviewed 15 November 2012

My sister and I had dinner during my one night in the Cities. Our server was fabulous, just the right mixture of getting the job done and having some fun. It was busy, but she was right on top of every thing and if she hadn't been, the manager, who stopped by to check on us, would've covered it. Great team working going on there!!

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!