“Wonderful”

Ranked #7 of 19 things to do in Eagan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 1 March 2016

Great place tornthe children to burn off energy, have a party, anytime during the year. Excellent option for those cold or rainy days.

1  Thank Jim R
in 7 reviews
"slides"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 21 February 2016

Lots of attractions for kids including a sport court, climbing apparatus, jumping pillow and other attractions. Admission $8 for kids, must be bought in advance on the website or on site with their computers. Good activity to wear out the kiddies. Note: you must wear socks and no birthday parties or group events are allowed. Lots of room for your packed lunch. Very clean and lots of space to play.

2  Thank blnavarremary
Reviewed 15 February 2016

Prior to our experience this past weekend, we loved Good Times park. It's a great place for the kids to burn off some energy in the winter. So this review is entirely related to the park's customer service and not the actual facility.

The park's owners made me, my family, and friends feel like criminals. This weekend we intended to bring our family along with several other families to play for a couple of hours. Let me preface this by saying we were not hosting an event, birthday party, or other such gathering at the facility since the rules specifically ban this. Our intent was to gift our friend group with paid admissions for all of their kids since we regularly rotate this type of activity within our friend group. The online ordering system allowed me to purchase a 4 and 5 group pass, so that is what I did. I paid for 9 children all who were going to be accompanied by an adult.

About 2 minutes later I get a call from the park telling me that I cannot do this as the park does not allow birthday parties... events... etc. I explained that no such thing was happening and instead we were gifting our group of friends with paid admission for all of their children. The told me absolutely not, I could not do this for security reasons, and instead each of my friends was going to have to buy their own individual passes at the door or online. Good Times park then proceeded to lock my online account so that I can no longer purchase admission to the park using my account.

If this really is a security issue than may I suggest that you change your process? I should be able to buy 9 passes and input the names of all of the children and parents so that you have record of who was there. Me buying the admissions for 9 of my friends kids is not different than them buying their own admission. Secondly, when I did purchase 2 admissions for my kids, it only asked me for my name and gave me one entrance code. Wouldn't it be smarter to require each child entering to have their own code? What's to stop me from bringing 5 other kids with my single entrance code? Or what's to stop me from handing off my entrance code to someone else? Your system is flawed.

Thirdly you are really missing out on an entire niche by not allowing hosted events. Why not create a couple of event rooms that remain locked unless you book an actual party? Why not have a staff person there to help with the party? This way you could limit the number of group events happening there and maintain a level of security as well.

Lastly, when we were there, there was another group trying to do the same thing and you shamed them and made them feel unwelcome and embarrassed in front of other families trying to get entrance into the park. I witnessed this and really felt bad for those people. They ended up leaving and you lost out on revenue. Please consider changing your policy and they way that you treat your patrons. As for me and my family we will not be making a return visit for quite some time, our friends also had a bad taste left their mouths over this experience.

2  Thank Alissa B
Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

My kids love going to Good Times Park to burn off energy in the winter months. It's big, clean, and had lots to do.

Bring a lunch or snacks. There's an area with tables and chairs for whatever size group you have. They also have vending machines for drinks/snacks. You clean up your own mess - that means wiping the tables and even sweeping underneath.

The best way to save time is to pay for your entrance fee online before you go. Also check on their website if there are any big school groups scheduled to be there that day. It's SO convenient that they put that right on the site for you!

If you need a place for kids to play this is the place to go.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 January 2016

The good:
There are multiple play areas including a bouncy pillow, basketball court, soccer / football field and a variety of slides and play structures.

The $8.50 admission is reasonable; adults are free as are kids under 1 year of age.

There is a large areas with tables and chairs; you can bring in your own food. Aside from a couple vending machines, there is no food available to purchase.

The so so:
While there are multiple different play areas, I don't think any of them individually are as good as the play structures at either Lookout Ridge in Woodbury or Giggle Factory in Hudson, Wisconsin.

Not that much to do for little ones, better suited for school age kids.

In the end, I had mixed feelings, but my 8 year old said she loved it so I guess that's all that matters.

1  Thank EngelkingCGMN