“Rotisserie Chicken is the best in the city”

Doolittles Woodfire Grill
Ranked #1 of 129 Restaurants in Eagan
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Featuring woodfired rotisserie cooking, Doolittles Woodfire Grill is an experience that ignites all of your senses! The woodfired rotisserie grills meat over an open flame for a savory wood roasted flavor. The rotation of the rotisserie creates self basting and slow roasting skewers resulting in juicy and succulent meats such as Spit-Roasted Chicken, and Smoked Hanger Steak with Horseradish-Whipped Potatoes and Red Wine Demi. Doolittles boasts over 60 wines by the bottle and 30 selections by the glass. Gluten Free & Vegetarian menus available. Warm, relaxing atmosphere...come as you are!
Eagan, Minnesota
“Rotisserie Chicken is the best in the city”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

They have a wonderful chicken and the wings are the largest I've ever seen. We have to go in to get our rotisserie chicken fix every couple of weeks. You can also pick up and take home if you choose. I'd also highly recommend the raspberry chicken salad. It's a perfect salad summer or winter.

Minneapolis
“Wanted to like it”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

When we go out to eat, we usually go into Minneapolis or St. Paul, due to lack of good, non-chain dining options south of the river. I had heard from some friends that live in Eagan that they had been having good luck at Doolittle's. The Tripadvisor reviews were also positive, so last night we checked it out. (We hadn't been there in many years.) We would LOVE to find a decent restaurant close to home. And we're not looking for anything fancy, just well prepared food.

Doolittle's doesn't take reservations, so we went a little early (about 6 p.m.) so we wouldn't have to wait long. And we didn't. We were seated after only about a 10 minute wait.

Our server was pretty perfunctory and told us there were no specials as they just switched to their summer menu and the kitchen staff was still learning those items. Hmmm. So we just ordered drinks while we studied the menu. The drinks were plunked down on our table as the server was passing so we could not ask her any questions. My husband ordered a Long Island Iced Tea, but said it tasted more like an Arnie Palmer. Very weak and without the more complex flavors of a Long Island. My wine was fine. As for the food, I ordered the side salad, which was larger than I was expecting. It was a nice mix of greens, if a little heavy on iceberg, and seemed freshly made. My husband's wild rice soup was average and salty. As for the entrees, the Arctic Char that I ordered was surrounded by wonderful flavors in bed of rice/spinach and the zesty sauce. Unfortunately, that couldn't compensate for the fact that the fish itself was dry and overcooked. My husband's pork medallions were very tender, but the sauce and vegetables were way too salty for his taste. My teenage daughter who usually loves just about any pasta dish, could not finish her tortellini due to a rich and salty sauce (she rinsed it off at home and added some fresh herbs). I'm afraid the experience was just another typical suburban chain-style restaurant--mediocre service, lack of attention to detail, and a tendency to oversalt everything. Too bad. I really had hopes this time.

Apple Valley, Minnesota
“Gone downhill”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My wife & I have ordered from Doolittle's many times over the years, and I can say that the quality has declined noticeably over the past year or so. Many items that were on the menu have been removed, and others are simply not prepared as well as in the past.

It is an average at best restaurant and not worth the time or expense any longer

• Visited March 2014
Apple Valley, Minnesota
“Best Rotisserie Chicken Ever”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Yummy rotisserie chicken. The mouth-watering aroma of the roasting chicken hits you immediately. The meal did not disappoint. The ambiance of the fireplace and the decor is welcoming and it makes you feel like you've been out for dinner. The pinot grigio was crisp and cold when served at our table. Our server was very knowledgeable about all aspects of the menu.

Eagan, Minnesota
“Consistently very good”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I live nearby and have eaten here for many years. I can honestly say I have never been served anything that I have felt was less than my expectations, which are high here. They have a beautiful patio during the warm months and a cozy fireplace when it is cold. The restaurant is suited to couples as well as groups. The servers are attentive and the food is always good.