“Great Experience”

Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Reviewed 31 May 2011

We had planned to arrive around 2:00pm to do some shopping at MOA, have a nice dinner, etc. However our flight out of the Northwest had mechanical problems and we ended up getting re-routed all over the country (literally). We finally arrived around 11:00pm, called the hotel and their shuttle service promptly picked us up. The check in process was smooth. Our room was very clean and the bed was super comfortable (we only got 4 hours sleep). We thought we wouldn't get the free breakfast because we had yet another flight to catch very early in the am but luckily this Best Western started putting breakfast out at 3:30AM! I used the PC's in the lobby to print and confirm our next flight which was handy. So a few hours sleep, breakfast and a shuttle back to the airport, hotel staff is great and we will definately stay here again next time we are in MSP.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 May 2011

My adult daughter and I stayed there April 30 and parked her car there until May 6. This is an awesome place to stay with customer service that starts on the phone with the reservation and extends through to the shuttle driver that picks you up at the airport when you get back from your trip. The room was clean and very comfortable. The shuttle service to and from the MOA and the airport was exceptional. You won't be sorry if you choose this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 29 March 2011

I am very fussy and this is 5 stars in my opinion. Staff is great, shuttle service is wonderful...you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 19 March 2011

Excellent value for the price. The staff greeted us with such genuine kindness every morning and night. "Big Bear" was our favorite. He knew the best pizza place which delivered right to our room door. The Manager was equally as kind. She was generous with conversation and coupons. Rooms were clean and the queen beds were the best I've slept in (room 206). Breakfast was clean and well stocked. We utilized the shuttles to Mall of America and found the drivers helpful and fun. I can not say enough how impressed I was with the running of this hotel. The cleaning lady even ran down to catch us on our way out to deliver a pillow we had left behind. She was out of breath but still smiled and wished us a safe trip. I would definately stay at the Best Western Dakota again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2011

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE ! Stay away!!!!

I and my wife Patricia Lemke-Wojnicki stayed at this hotel from March 4-6 room 360 for our wedding anniversary. We booked the shuttle at 6:00pm on Saturday to take us to Famous Dave's Bar-B-Q and Blues Club. The driver, a young guy said "no problem" to meet him in the lobby at 8:00pm. During this period I and my wife drank a nice bottle of champagne in our room. When we returned for our ride at 8:00pm the driver was not around. Instead an older gentlemen told us that Dave's was simply too far(45min) and a taxi would cost 40-50$ one way. We went back to our room dismayed. My wife began to cry feeling cheated. We had drank so we could not drive there and the taxi was simply too pricey. Also a simple phone call to our room would have helped since we were there for 2 hours expecting a good night out! The next morning I asked "Bill" another shuttle driver how far Dave's was, he said an easy 15 minutes or short cab ride. Now I felt lied to and cheated our of my/our Saturday night! The hotel promotes its local shuttle services to guests as a perk! Liars. They care little about their guests welfare.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wodge11
Value4u, Manager at Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2011

Dear Valued Customer,

Let me start by expressing my sincerest apologies for letting you and your wife down on such an important date as your Anniversary. We are so disappointed to hear one of our staff members did not take the opportunity to make your experience at the hotel a memorable one. The lack of customer service the shuttle driver demonstrated during your visit at the Dakota Ridge is one we take very serious.

We are not in the position of loosing you as a customer or worse having you leave the hotel with a negative impression of how we treat our customers. I don’t expect you to return to our hotel, but if you would consider giving us a second chance I would proudly take care of your reservation personally to prove we can demonstrate the hospitality you deserve.

I would like to also thank you, for taking the time to express your concerns about your stay. It gives operators like us the opportunity to train, mentor, and emphasize the importance of customer service to our staff.

Area Manager
Schweizer Lodging
Best Western Dakota Ridge
651-452-0100

Reviewed 5 March 2011

I stay at this hotel on my business trips, decent location, affordable price. The great things at this hotel is - very friendly front desk, excellent shuttle service which is available 24hrs. They drop you at the mall, airport, near by restaurants, offices, etc. In simple words, you dont need a car if you are either visiting the mall of america or on a business trip to near by offices.

The rooms are great - stayed in a King Suite, Tech Room and Whirlpool Suite. The tech room is cool, it has a massage chair, flat screen lcd tv and some of the tech rooms also has a printer. The whirlpool suite - the tub is close to the bed and I am not sure if every body likes the chlorine smell of the water, though there is a ventilation fan, it was not very effective. The standard king room has decent bed, new comforters, and many
pillows. All the rooms comes with a mini fridge and a microwave. The tech room also has Krueger Coffee Machine.

Wireless Internet is OK to surf internet but not to watch movies or videos. The lobby has 3 desktops and a printer, in case if required.

Breakfast - Just regular stuff. Cereal, Bread,muffins, waffle Maker, Joghurt, Scrambled Eggs, Minute maid drink dispenser machine and coffee. I personally didn't like the taste of the coffee.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2011

I stayed at this hotel for three nights mainly because the price was right. Since the rate was significantly lower than other area hotels, I was somewhat leery that maybe this would not be a very nice hotel. However, we were very pleasantly surprised. The location is somewhat out of the way with respect to the airport, but it is still easy to access the hotel because of proximity to freeways. The hotel has a nice lobby with several computers available for internet access. The only somewhat negative thing that we encountered was when we entered our room for the first time. It was in June, and it had been hot and humid. Apparently the air conditioner in the room had not run in a while so that the room had kind of a stale hotel sort of odor. However, we did not notice the odor after several hours. The room itself had comfortable beds, a nice TV, reasonably new furnishings, and was clean and quiet. There was a reasonably good breakfast buffet included; having more fruit choices would improve the buffet since it had just about everything else.

The best part about our stay for 3 days was that we had a really low rate and did not realize that the hotel has a park and fly alternative. The rate for park and fly was double what we were paying. Anyway, I decided to ask the desk clerk how much it would cost just to park our car explaining that we were staying 3 days at a low rate. Without hesitation, she said that we could park at the hotel for no additional fee and that we could use the hotel's airport limo service! Hooray, saved us airport parking fees. The airport limo service worked like a charm - even leaving the hotel at something like 4:30 in the morning. A nice surprise was that the buffet breakfast had already been mostly set up and we were invited to partake. Nice. One further note - the limo driver when we returned mentioned that the hotel is in a really safe area so there would be no worries about vandalism etc. In summary, this hotel made a GREAT IMPRESSION on me for all the foregoing reasons and also that a desk clerk was empowered to make a snap decision that was so beneficial to me as a customer. Kudos to her and to the management. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family