“A Plus and then some”

Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Reviewed 27 December 2011

The lobby is a monument of efficiency. It's very inviting so you'll want to hang out there, but if you’re short on time, they make it so that you don't have to.

The staff was particularly helpful and eager to attend to any need or special request. They even brought out the WD40 and fixed a squeaky luggage wheel!

The property is completely up to date. They are generous with the towels, washcloths & pillows. Great Bath & Body Works shampoo and conditioner, but you'll need to bring your own body lotion from home (especially in the winter). Also, no tea bags in the room, but good selection of flavored teas in the breakfast area.

Overall they offer the best value for your buck anywhere in the 10,000 lake area. Location is unbeatable with easy access to the airport and Mall of America. You will definitely be well taken care of.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Value4u, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Nobody wants to have a squeaky luggage wheel while traveling and either does the person traveling with you. We were more than happy to fix that wheel with a little WD40. Thank you for all the great comments about your stay with us, and we hope that you will be back to visit us again real soon. I think you will need to stay a little longer next time so you guys are able to shop alot more at the Mall of America.

Reviewed 3 December 2011

We did the park and fly so we stayed at the hotel on two separate nights in one week. Having the option to leave our car at the hotel instead of having to drive to and find parking at the airport was definately worth the $30. Much less stressful in my opinion. The hotel shuttle service was exceptional as well. We used it to go to the light rail station which took us to the Metrodome for the Vikings game. After the game, we took the light rail back to the station and the shuttle service met us with our luggage and took us to the airport. Sweet. When we returned from our trip, the shuttle picked us up at the airport. We arrived back at the hotel about 10:30 pm on Thanksgiving. I mentioned to the hotel clerk that my husband and I were debating as to whether or not to drive over to the MOA for black friday shopping at midnight. The clerk suggested we get the shuttle driver to take us there and call for pick up when we were done shopping. I was totally relieved again that we would not have to find our way to the mall and then find parking, as we knew it would be ultra busy for the big shopping event.

For the short time we stayed at the hotel it was an enjoyable experience. The rooms were spacious and clean and the breakfast was also very good!! Will definitely stay here again in the future and recommend to friends and family.

I wish I would have remembered the names of all the great assocaites from this hotel. They did everything to make our stay enjoyable and stress free. Thank you for the outstanding customer service!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SueFrederick
Value4u, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2011

Was Black Friday shopping at the Mall of America everything you thought it would be? Hopefully you were able to find some great deals out there. We appreciate all of the wonderful comments you had to say about us and your stay. If Vegas has another slot machine tournament we will be here ready to shuttle you to the airport. Thank you again and we look forward to your return.
Happy Holiday's from all of us here at the Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

We booked two rooms for our family and the rooms were cheap and away from the downtown area.
As an avid member of the Best Western travel rewards program, I was very disappointed with this hotel.
We arrived late.
I gave them 5 - $100 Gift cards and the clerk at the front desk said he will credit us and have the manager do it the next day when he came in.
Next day, upon leaving the hotel enroute to the Mall Of America, I asked for the manager and to confirm he credited us the $500, he said he only received $400 worth of cards.
I knew there was a scam going on as I counted them in front of the clerk and I later showed them my air miles redemption email for 5 X $100 cards.
They rummaged through the garbage but did not find anything.
I am convinced that the clerk scammed the extra card.
I called my air miles and they said they would re-imburse me after their investigation.
(They eventually did as they issued me 5 cards and only cashed in 4 at that location).
The hotel was in denial and did not do anything to help me rectify my situation during my stay.
As I mentioned, I travel to Best Westerns quite frequently but after this situation, I have used other hotels now.
I suggest you be careful with your credit cards here as well.
Once a thief, always a thief!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Value4u, Manager at Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2011

Dear Valued Customer,

I completely understand your point of view and we are as concerned about it as you are. The frequency of Corporate and Leisure travelers we are responsible for on a daily basis and over the years makes us very regimented and sensitive on how every transaction is handled.

No matter if it is a current concern or in your case a situation that happened a year ago, please know we are dedicated to do everything in our power to follow the paper trail to identify and correct the issue immediately.

You had mentioned you were working with the airline and they were investigating the situation. If you have the time could you contact us at the property with the name of the airline and possibly the representitive who you were working with. I apologize for asking but since a fair amount of time has passed concerning this, we are trying to gather as much information surrounding this event as possible in order to resolve it as quickly for you as we can.

Please know there are many safe guards built into every process at the franchise level as well as the property level to protect each customer. We thank you for taking the time to inform us of this situation. Your comments create great training opportunities to convey to our staff. I know we are not in the position to ask for your business, but we would welcome the opportunity to serve you again if you felt the steps we are taking are satisfactory in your eyes. Again thank you for your comments.

Management
Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge

Reviewed 22 November 2011

I couldn't wait to leave a review for Dakota Ridge. It's by far the best stay I've ever had a hotel. It bothers me to spend more on a hotel stay than on the actual activity that brought me to the area in the first place, and Dakota Ridge was very reasonably priced. And considering all the perks that are included in the price? That makes it the best value on the planet.

My boyfriend and I were in town for the Vikings game to celebrate his birthday. Dakota Ridge allowed us to stay outside the hustle and bustle of the inner city, while still being able to get where we needed to go. We couldn't get enough of the value of the free shuttle at Dakota Ridge that took us anywhere within 15 miles. We were able to take the shuttle to the 28th Avenue transit station, and from there we took the inexpensive and easy to use train to the Metrodome. After the game, we took the train to the Mall of America, where the shuttle picked us up when we were ready to leave. Not only did that save us on gas and parking, but we didn't have to worry about driving in traffic in an unfamiliar area nor about the freshly fallen snow and icy roads.

A FULL breakfast was also included in the great price. Yes, that's a FULL breakfast: yogurt, toast, bagels, cereal, waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy... There were a lot of fellow Vikings fans in the breakfast room Sunday morning, but everything was kept hot, fresh, and stocked.

I looked all over for the best value for our stay. Other hotels downtown were reasonably priced for the location, but you can expect to pay for parking, drive/walk yourself to your destination, pay extra for even a continental breakfast...all for TWICE the price as Dakota Ridge.

But, what you won't get at those other hotels is the Minnesotan hospitality you'll find at Dakota Ridge. The staff and shuttle drivers were friendly and truly go the extra mile to make sure you have an excellent stay. They even upgraded our room to include a jacuzzi to help make my boyfriend's birthday extra special. He is a veteran who injured his back while in the service, and couldn't stop talking about how much better his back felt after a nice soak. I can't express how appreciative I am to Dakota Ridge for making him so comfortable to have such a great time on our trip. The hotel itself was tastefully decorated and didn't look dated at all. I did have a bit of trouble getting comfortable in bed, but my boyfriend said it was very comfortable for him (and he's the one with the back problem, so I'll take his word over mine.) :)

We are both Twins and Vikings fans, and we will most definitely be back to Dakota Ridge every time we are in the Twin City area.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Value4u, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

We want to thank you for all the great compliments you gave us, we really appreciate it. We are so happy to hear how enjoyable your stay was with us. Birthday's are very special days and I'm glad we were able to help make that day more special with a jacuzzi suite room up-grade. I think the Vikings need some more fans cheering for them, so hopefully we will be seeing you back here at the Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge real soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2011

We were looking for a meeting place for family close to Minneapolis/St. Paul. This was an awesome pick. The staff were friendly and accomodating, housekeeping consistantly did exactly what we asked them to do, breakfast was great, the rooms were comfortable. It was just a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Value4u, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2011

We really appreciate all the compliments you gave. We strive to give each one of our guests superior customer service throughout their entire stay. We are happy to hear that our location worked out for you meeting family. We look forward to having you and your family back with us at Dakota Ridge. If there is anything we can do to help you out, please give us a call and let us know. 651-452-0100

Reviewed 11 October 2011

When you walk in, the lobby is beautiful with a waterfall and nice sitting area with free use of Internet. The downfall of such a nice lobby area though is that it leads you to believe the whole hotel is also very modern and nice (not that the hotel was bad, just not as nice as you'd think).
The main issues we had with the hotel were that the elevators were smelly, and the carpet was very dirty. It also made loud noises that led me to believe they may have needed repairs. The hallways could be decorated a little nicer but they arnt bad. The shower temperature was not consistent and the sink never drained correctly and we could not run water for more than 20 seconds without it filling up. The pillows are very small and for the size of the bed you would think you'd get more. The only other issue we had is that when we got back after a few hours away, the air was set at 60, it was freezing, housekeeping must have changed it when they came.
The walls must be very thin here too because I woke at 4am to a clearly heard conversation that the room next to us was having.alot of sound issues, so if your a light sleeper mabey try to get a more isolated room.
The tv also needs to be updated as well as possibly offering HBO movie channels to order. Not many channels available.
Other than these issues everything was ok. The staff was nice and provided us with all the toiletries we needed and were very cheery even at 12 am when we checked in! The breakfast is pretty good but a few things should be added! There should be hot chocolate, honey and lemon for tea, fresh fruit, and chocolate milk.
Overall a basic stay, nothing too special, and you get your money's worth, though there could be some upgrades.

• Stayed: October 2011
Value4u, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2011

We appreciate hearing the compliments you had about our lobby and waterfall. We want our lobby to feel welcoming and comfortable for all of our guests.
You are very correct when you say our elevator needs up-dating, along with our televisions. We will be installing two new elevator cars this November, and the begining of next year we will be replacing all of our televisions with new 37inch flat screen TV's. We are excited to beging these up-dates to our hotel and much more.
We greatly appreciate your time in letting us know how we can improve. We want to thank you for your patronage and hope you continue staying with us anytime you are in town. We will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and enjoyable one.

Reviewed 10 October 2011

The staff was great. The location good. The room was OK, clean, but my husband experienced off & on hot water, then no hot water. I slept great until the next door alarm woke me then the shower, at 5:30.

• Stayed: October 2011

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff and the service you recieved during your stay. We appreciate hearing your thoughts regarding your stay. Please know that your comments have been addressed and steps are being taken to ensure these types of issues are handled on a preventive basis. We hope you will come stay with us again the next time you are in town.