“Excellent location and very helpful staff”

Sonesta ES Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed at this Residence Inn for a family member's graduation. When we checked in late Friday afternoon, we had trouble with the keys letting us into the room. The staff went out of their way to take care of the problem in a timely manner. There also was another follow-up call to our room to ensure that we were comfortable and having no more difficulties. The breakfast has many choices. The surroundings are near an interstate, but there is little, if any, traffic noise. It is easy driving distance to the Mall of America. There are many nearby restaurants. We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Lindsay O, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

It was an absolute pleasure to have you as our guest Pam B. We are thrilled you and your family had such a great experience and we look forward to your return. Please contact us directly to assist with any future accommodations for family gatherings or simply a leisure trip to the Twin Cities.
Best Wishes,

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Matched expectations for the Residence Inn brand. Room was clean with standard R.I. furnishings. Nice neighborhood nearby MSP airport. Easy access (by rental car) to a variety of services/restaurants in the Eagan area. Close by Mall of America without the congestion and hassle. The only negative were inadequate coffee supplies (tons of tea bags, tons of sugar packets, but no creamer and only one sugar substitute). Not a big deal. Would I stay there again? Sure!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide us and our Trip Advisor followers with a review of your experience at our property Rihannsu. I am pleased to see you had a 4 star experience with us, but do wish we could have rose above the rest and shown you the 5 star experience we strive for every day. I can assure you our housekeeping department will keep an eye on the coffee supply of our guest rooms and will maintain an appropriate ratio of coffee to tea to sugar.
We do hope you return to our property again in the future and if there is anything we may be able to assist with prior to your next arrival, please don't hesitate to call.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This property with it excellent staff is great little place to hideout. I thought it close proximity to the airport would keep we awake. I was suprise as to it quietiest in the City. Great staff too. I plan to be back later.

Steve

Room Tip: stay on the first floor it quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Lindsay O, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property Steve W. We are beyond happy that you had such a terrific experience and we cannot wait until your next visit! Please feel free to contact us at any time so we can assist in making your accommodations.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I was in MN for business. My assistant and I had the pleasure of staying at the residence inn last night. I booked the 2 bedroom suite and it was bigger than my condo in chicago. The beds were comfy and the surroundings were quiet. We all had a perfect night's sleep.

The staff was exceptional. Many thanks to David Laukkonen, the general manager, who went out of his way to accomodate our needs.

We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

LisaJere,
Thank you for your 5 star TripAdvisor review of our property! We are thrilled you had such a great experience and we hope you are able to return to our property again in the future. We can assure you that your next experience will be just as fabulous, if not even better than this time!
Thank you again for your kind words.
Best Wishes,

Reviewed 21 March 2014

This is a very unique hotel. The rooms have a lot of space. We arrived late and left early so we didn't get to explore much of the hotel or the surrounding area. We found our room very clean. The interior is a bit outdated. The staff was great. The highlight was the shuttle. It is a great shuttle (easy to get in and lots of room) and the timing was perfect. I would definitely stay again. My only concern was that I booked my stay after reviewing their website about free parking and free shuttle to Msp. I called a few days before our arrival when I noticed we needed a reservation for the shuttle only to learn that the rate would be double because we didn't book the park and fly package. It no longer felt like complimentary shuttle and parking.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Lindsay O, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your experience on TripAdvisor MenomonieTraveler. I am happy to see you enjoyed your spacious, clean guest room and were able to utilize our shuttle service. The complimentary shuttle for airport service and to leave your vehicle on property during your absence is only available when booking our 'Park and Fly' package. This allows us to regulate the amount of vehicles we have on property during periods of time, to ensure all of our guests have a place to park on site. I apologize that this created a disturbance in your planning but I hope ultimately your experience overcame it.
We invite you back anytime.
Warm Regards,
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Price was good but you get what you pay for. Cobwebs in the loft room. Overall dirty. Carpets stained, furniture all chipped up. Long, long walk down rickety railing to breakfeast (didn't even both taking the long slog to breakfeast). Front desk did bait and switch with the room so didn't even get the room we reserved. Would not recommend. Not up to Marriott standards.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
David L, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the entire staff that we did not meet your expectations during your recent visit to the Twin Cities. We pride ourselves on cleanliness at our property and after reading your comments, we have addressed the issues you've mentioned with the appropriate staff to ensure this isn't the case moving forward. When you find it convenient, I appreciate if you would contact me to discuss the issue with your room being switched, so that I can determine what occurred, as we feel we are completely honest with all of our guest's and never intend to mislead anyone.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Let me just start by saying we have not stayed here yet. We are scheduled to arrive at this property mid March. My problem however began with booking a sleep and fly package. I called to make the reservation. The lady was very nice I inquired about the sleep and fly package and told her I was concerned because our return flight does not arrive until 11:44 pm and their website states shuttle runs until midnight. She put me on hold not once but twice while she confirmed with the front desk about the shuttle. She reassured me that the shuttle ran 22 hours a day, the exception being from 2-4am. Alls good right, I reserve the room. Well a couple days later I receive an email asking about our shuttle times because the hotel is vey busy. I am then told that the shuttle doesn't run past midnight. I realize mistakes happen. But they proceeded to tell me I didn't make the reservations directly with the hotel. I'm not sure who I made the reservation with I got the 651 number off of their website, and when I called they answered the phone by saying residence inn and put me through to reservations, if it was not a direct call wouldn't I have been asked about what hotel I wanted to reserve? My point is make sure to verify all aspects of your reservation if you are booking sleep and fly, it seems some employees are misinformed. In the hotels defense Kristi went out of her way to check other hotels that had 24 hour shuttles for us, which was very kind. We have decided to keep our reservation and pay additional for a taxi back to our car, because the other hotels didn't fit our needed accommodations. I gave the hotel 2 stars for now because I feel like they are trying to blame me for their mistake. I will do a review again after our stay. Just wanted to advise people so that they can avoid this headache and additional cost.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Alex D, Guest Relations Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Thank you so much for your review. Unfortunately, since our van is complimentary, it is difficult to run the van 24 hours a day, and it does not run from about 12-4 am. We are in the process of trying to accommodate the guests with the later arrival time by changing the shift time to a half an hour later so the shuttle will have the ability to pick up until 12:30 am. That being said, when you do arrive back at the airport, try to give us a call to see if the van driver has the ability to stay a little bit later to pick your party up and then you can avoid the cost of a taxi. As for the reservation, we are required to transfer all reservation inquiries to a reservation hotline for all Residence Inn's. It is a new policy and we are working with them to make sure that they information they provide for our specific hotel is correct. We hope that your experience with us improves upon your arrival and that we can do everything in our power to make your experience a great one!