“A Good Business Hotel”

SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Eagan
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I stayed in the Springhill Suites several times during the summer 2012, the main plus point I found was the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff, helping me with last minute changes to my schedule, recommendations for places to go at weekends etc.
The hotel itself is a free shuttle ride from Minneapolis/St Pauls airport, if you call when you land the bus is normally there by the time you get out of the airport. The hotel is used by the airlines so the courtesy buses run most times of the day and night, but its best/essential to book in advance. The long term parking facility is also a plus, park the car, leave keys with reception; catch the shuttle to the airport, nice and easy.
The hotel seems very quiet even when it’s full (!!), on one occasion I had a room adjacent to the elevator – heard nothing. The rooms are clean and comfortable, if a little basic, the ipod docking station/alarm clock is a nice touch.
There is no restaurant in the hotel but there are more than enough dining establishments within easy walking distance.
Breakfast is served in the hotel as a buffet; it’s ok but very limited and after a few days gets a little boring.
Overall a more than adequate hotel in a really nice part of the world.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 31 October 2012

We stayed here one night in October prior to an early morning flight, left our car for a week, used the shuttle to the airport. Parking was no problem, lots of spaces. They do request your car keys for the week, which made me a little neverous, they stated they have had problems with alarms going off and making noise all week, and for snow removal purposes (no snow at this time). When we returned they did request ID before they would return your keys to you. Room was quite nice, it had a sitting area with a wet bar, refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot. Bed was comfortable. The walls must be paper thin however, you could hear everything going in the rooms around you. Shuttle to the airport was prompt and pickup on the end was about 15 minutes. I found a rate on the internet for this hotel that was over $50 cheaper than the stated rate for a stay n fly. I told them about the rate I found and where and they honored the price. Would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MNtraveler43
Reviewed 14 October 2012 via mobile

Saw online that this hotel was close to mall of America, but far enough away that the price reflected a better rate. Was completely disappointed with the room! They basically lied on there web page pictures of the room. The web site showed TWO tvs in room. One in front of sitting area and one by beds. There was only one tv in room in the middle where any one who might sleep in sofa bed couldn't see the tv because it faced the beds. (we had booked two rooms here) and neither had two tvs. The bathroom was separate from the shower area, however, the website showed a beautiful updated large sink area with a large mirror so that at least two people could get ready at the same time. Instead we had a tiny little old sink with about 24 inches of space. Only one person could get ready at a time. The front desk appoligized when I complained and said they they were sorry about the misleading web site pictures but that only
a few rooms looked like that. The breakfast was bad. Everything was dry. The bowls were plastic! Cheap plastic. And the area was small and crowded! I would not recommend this hotel to
anyone.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Mrsmom_12
Reviewed 12 September 2012 via mobile

I am usually impressed with customer service at Marriotts but this was an exception.

Check in was ok but the guy at the front desk wasn't nice. I'm a silver member but was given a normal card key. It's small, but it is nice to have the elite key to show someone cared to check my status. The guy who checked in after me was super well received and my guy started to ignore me to check in the other guy.

Location is OK. Food was OK. All and all most likely won't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 28 July 2012

As much as I travel, I always like to give honest reviews of hotels where I stay. I recently completed a four night stay at the Springhill Suites in Eagan, MN. My first impression, which is usually true throughout was very good. The front desk staff were very friendly and attentive, and the place was very clean. I got to my room which I found to be very clean and comfortable as well. Everything about the hotel met or exceeded my expectations, and I'm a very picky person. There was plenty of room to make my stay even more comfortable, and the bed was nice. An added feature I really liked was the blackout curtain which kept the room nice and dark for sleeping. There is a microwave and refrigerator in each room which is always nice to have. The hotel all in all was well worth the stay, and when I'm back in the MSP area, I will stay again. Thanks to all the staff who made my stay a comfortable one. There is also a Chilis and Wendys right across the street, and plenty of places to eat nearby. Would I recommend this property to others? You bet. You won't go wrong here.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I stay here a lot for work. The rooms are always nice, spacious and sometimes you can get a great view. The breakfast is awesome! The staff is usually different every time I got, but they are always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Based on location and online reviews (and having stayed at a couple of Springhills before) I chose this hotel for a trip to Minneapolis to attend a wedding. Frankly, I was shocked when we arrived. This is nothing like the Springhill Suites I've stayed in before. It would be more appropriate for a Days Inn or Super 8. It really needs a total remodel to earn the Marriott name. I'd start with the carpet, cheap furnishings and threadbare linens, but most importantly, the heat/air conditioners need a real thermostat, not "high fan" and "low fan".

It didn't help that a large group (perhaps a school or church group) had set up a campsite in the parking lot, with 15 - 20 people blocking parking spots with their camp chairs. The children with this group had a great time in the pool, but apparently management didn't have a mop for the elevator or lobby.

Basically, if you got a great rate for this place and you're traveling with a large group of kids who've never stayed in a hotel before, it's a good choice. You don't have to feel guilty about them ruining it.

I guess I should have realized that most of the favorable reviews were from people who only parked their car there to save on airport lot fees.

I will say that the manager on duty was very nice and apologetic, but there was nothing they could do to make my room better: it wasn't like there was a better room to give me. We checked out after one night and moved to the TownePlace Suites next door for a totally different experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends