“Overcharged my Credit Card for No Reason with No Notice”

Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Eagan for one night for business. For some reason the hotel accidentally charged my credit card for over $50 of incidentals. I was never informed of this charge until I noticed it on my credit card statement. After several un-returned calls I finally got in touch with a manager who admitted there was a mistake and would have the charges reimbursed. There was no apology and after a week I still a haven't had the charges reimbursed.The hotel's complete lack of assistance or concern was very unprofessional. The hotel itself was in a good location but was rather old and outdated. The front desk staff and managers were less than professional. I will never return to this hotel. This experience was completely unacceptable for this level of hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear CorpTravel1,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area

Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Made my reservation by email and Marna was great to work with. When I checked in I was greeted by an awesome employer. Check in was fast and efficient and my room was very clean and comfortable. I had breakfast and lunch at the hotel restaurant . The service and food was very good. My experience was great and Marna was so helpful that I booked a room for next week. Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Please do not stay at any Holiday Inn hotels. We paid for our night on Priceline and the Holiday Inn Eagen charged us $50.66-a random charge. After calling and being transfered countless times to voicemail, the manager Jeff said it was because the front desk charged us twice. How is $50 the price of a hotel room? We weren't given any explanation nor reimbursed for the charge. As a concerned customer, please do NOT give this hotel your credit card! They will put unexplainable charges on it!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank DRtraveler87
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear DRtraveler87,

Thank you for your comments about this recent visit. It is unfortunate you were not satisfied with the level of service received. I have sent you a private message in order to obtain more details about your stay.

Regards,

Pam G

Reviewed 16 December 2013

check in was easy, room was clean... I came in later and needed room service and I expressed how I would like water and was even offered a pitcher of water... NOT a drop came with my meal. I than filled out my morning breakfast order. Hung it on my door. Planned leaving accordingly. waited and waited... till I opened the door to see my order still on the door knob. This means that they had to come take away my dirty dishes from dinner and not take it... give me my express check out and not take it. Very disappointing because I knew I would not be having a chance to eat until later afternoon. Sounds little.. and probably is... but I was there for less than 11 hours... you would of thought the odds were in my favor. didn't get to see anything else because I was there so little of time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear Broberts19,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us a review. We take all feedback from our guests seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. Please do accept our apologies for not being able to deliver an exemplary service. I have taken note of your comments regarding room service. Thank you for bringing these to our attention. We will address these with the proper department to improve the quality and service that we offer to our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope that we can better serve you next time.

Connie D

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I checked out the following morning to find adequate lodging. The main irritation was the service staff in the bar. Every time I went to smoke they removed my food and beverage from the table even though I told them I was going to smoke. And the room was not up to IHG standards in my opinion

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Num1Adam,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and we regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. We have taken note of the points you've raised in this review and these will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Joel B

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Friendly, friendly and very good! Usually Holiday Inn restaurants are only so-so. This one was great!

The room was standard, but clean.

REALLY in the middle of nowhere, but they have free shuttles that will take you about anywhere! I was too tired to explore, so the restaurant was an extra-added bonus.

Flew in, had a meeting and flew out @ 04:30. Shuttle driver was sooo nice (given I was soooo grumpy)!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my daughter while attending a Women's Conference. The room was comfortable, the fitness center was adequate and they went out of their way at breakfast on Sunday morning. I wasn't looking to eat but since my daughter was 12 she got to eat free if I even had a bowl of fruit. It was a buffet breakfast for her so she just loved it and I got my healthy serving of fruit for the morning.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear Linda L,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We are pleased to know we were able to meet your expectations during your stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen C
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eagan
Hampton Inn Minneapolis / Eagan
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan
Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Eagan/St Paul
Sonesta ES Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area? Share your experiences!