First, the staff at this hotel is excellent; the problems are with the hotel itself.
For several years there have been signs up that say improvements are in progress but in the last four years they have actually done very little. Internet access was improved, light fixtures were put up in front of the elevators that don't match anything else in the lobby area and larger TVs were put in the rooms and that's about it.
The lobby, bar and restaurant are dark and dated, in fact the dining room is depressing. The chairs in the dining room are too low for the tables and they feel like the bottom will fall out any minute, The dining room is covered in heavy dark red fabrics and it feels like the dust will fly if you touch anything (drapes, carpet, upholstery, etc.). Even with the breakfast buffet included in my room rate I usually skip it, last time I tried it the eggs were rubbery and the biscuits were as hard as hockey pucks. Overall the dining options are uninspired and, though the food is good, I don't believe the lunch/dinner menu has been updated in years. If you are looking for healthy options, eat elsewhere.
The guest rooms are dated and not well maintained. Several times there have been plumbing problems with the bathroom in my room. The heating/cooling units (the old kind that are located under the window) are very loud. On my last stay there was peeling wall paper in the bathroom and the closet door seemed to be an afterthought, rough wood that didn't match anything else (furniture, doors, etc.). Some rooms have refrigerators and microwaves but others don't, you just don't know what you'll get. I understand there is one room with a king size bed but the others have queen size beds only so forget staying here for anything other than a business trip if you like comfort. The fabrics on the sofas and chairs are old, dark, and stained.
As I said, the people who work at the hotel are truly dedicated and are always more than helpful. There's also a handy shuttle service to the airport and the Mall of America.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Minneapolis St. Paul Intl. Airport Eagan (Mall of America Area). We offer an exceptional level of guest service, convenience, and value. The hotel often presents different packages including Mall of America, Park, Stay, and Go, and many other packages. Please come visit us often and book your get away today! Located five minutes east of the Minneapolis St. Paul Intl. Airport and the Mall of America, the Holiday Inn offers complimentary transportation to and from both, as well as your business and leisure destinations within five miles of the hotel. We offer complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, restaurant, lounge and meeting rooms. The Holiday Inn also features 24-hour business center, fitness center and gift shop. We thank you for choosing your stay at Holiday Inn MSP Airport/ Eagan (MOA Area). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt Se - Mall Area Hotel Eagan
- Crowne Plaza Eagan
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Eagan
- Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area Eagan, MN