“Very nice convenient park 'n fly!”

Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Very nice convenient park 'n fly!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is the hotel I always stay at when leaving from the MSP airport. It is the most economical of the park and fly hotels in the area. Easy to get to. (also my GPS always thinks its on the other side of the street..) Very convenient park and fly with shuttle to and from the airport. Never had an unsatisfactory stay. Staff is friendly. Food is great in the hotel restaurant. Rooms are fairly updated and nice. Comfortable beds and pillows. Never utilized the pool or other amentities so I can't speak for that.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I spent six days in a two week period at this hotel and I was satisfied with my stay. It is undergoing some renovation and I think it needs it. The hotel was clean but did not look so at first glance. I was a little disappointed in the recognition I received as a IHG platinum member. I know that upgrades are "if available ", but I would have thought that an offer to move me to a better room during my two week stay could have been made. I have to work in my room in the evening so extra space would have been very appreciated.I was also very disappointed in how long it took to get my receipt to me. The computer was down the day I checked out and was promised that I would have the bill by next day. I got it four days later and only after I called to inquire about it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear svargasi,

Thank you for your feedback. As an IHG Rewards Platinum Member we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and hotel. We are truly sorry for the conditions you experienced during your stay. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. It is regrettable your stay was negatively impacted by the renovation works at our hotel. We hope you will give an opportunity to welcome you in the future to show what we have done.
Thank you again for your comments.

Jaime W
Rochester, MN
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Our family stayed here for one night as an overnight before flying out early the next morning from MSP. Paid for the room via points. The location of the hotel is pretty good, especially considering we use EZ Air Park and this hotel is literally minutes from the park n ride. Check in was fast and friendly, but as a IHG Platinum, I felt a bit let down that no upgrade was offered, and the only perk I was offered was buy one get one bar drink. Definitely not up to stuff for elite members of the IHG program.

The hotel is decent but worn. We got a 2 double bed room and it was tight for 2 adults and 2 kids (we strongly prefer queen beds, but not an option). Cleanliness was ok. We had to get up early the next AM for an early flight so did not spend much time at the hotel, but all things told that was fine with us.

In summary, this place works decent as a stay n fly hotel, but not much more.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear AdvoChampion,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite Members, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,

Jaime W
NW Indiana
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I booked this hotel on Hotwire as one of their "Hot Rate" deals - it was listed as a 3.5 star hotel. This place is a 2 star hotel - at best! My complaints started immediately upon check in. We arrived at about 11:30pm with a couple tired kids in tow. Check in took 15 minutes - with 1 clerk checking guest in, AND answering phone calls while the other watched and did nothing.

A previous review is still very accurate on the relative disrepair of the facility - lots of peeling wallpaper, the bath tub drain in our room was not connected to the control lever, the fan units are OLD and LOUD. At this level of hotel, I expect a thermostat controlled heating/cooling unit. Slapping a granite counter top in the bathroom does not a luxury hotel make!!! My room did not have a microwave OR mini-fridge - another thing I expect in a 3.5 star place. The furniture and drapes were worn and in generally "well used" condition.

I can't speak to the quality (or lack thereof) of the restaurant - it was closed every time I went to check it out!

The pool, however, was in nice shape. It's not a typical newer hotel "small puddle" pool - it's a large pool with decent depth that the kids and I had an absolute blast in. The pool, hot tub, and surrounding area have clearly been renovated and are the best feature of this hotel.

In general, I feel that I was "under sold" a bill of goods on this Holiday Inn. If it would have been listed as a 2-star joint and priced accordingly, I would not have a beef at all. When I purchase and expect a 3.5 star "experience," I am quite disappointed when the facility does not live up to expectations.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AFBBB
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear AFBBB,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 March 2014

First, the staff at this hotel is excellent; the problems are with the hotel itself.

For several years there have been signs up that say improvements are in progress but in the last four years they have actually done very little. Internet access was improved, light fixtures were put up in front of the elevators that don't match anything else in the lobby area and larger TVs were put in the rooms and that's about it.

The lobby, bar and restaurant are dark and dated, in fact the dining room is depressing. The chairs in the dining room are too low for the tables and they feel like the bottom will fall out any minute, The dining room is covered in heavy dark red fabrics and it feels like the dust will fly if you touch anything (drapes, carpet, upholstery, etc.). Even with the breakfast buffet included in my room rate I usually skip it, last time I tried it the eggs were rubbery and the biscuits were as hard as hockey pucks. Overall the dining options are uninspired and, though the food is good, I don't believe the lunch/dinner menu has been updated in years. If you are looking for healthy options, eat elsewhere.

The guest rooms are dated and not well maintained. Several times there have been plumbing problems with the bathroom in my room. The heating/cooling units (the old kind that are located under the window) are very loud. On my last stay there was peeling wall paper in the bathroom and the closet door seemed to be an afterthought, rough wood that didn't match anything else (furniture, doors, etc.). Some rooms have refrigerators and microwaves but others don't, you just don't know what you'll get. I understand there is one room with a king size bed but the others have queen size beds only so forget staying here for anything other than a business trip if you like comfort. The fabrics on the sofas and chairs are old, dark, and stained.

As I said, the people who work at the hotel are truly dedicated and are always more than helpful. There's also a handy shuttle service to the airport and the Mall of America.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, they have two windows and are larger.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear clamrj,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations.

I read with much concern the troubles you have encountered during your stay. I sincerely apologize for we fell below your standards on room condition and public areas. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I am truly sorry if we were not able to deliver this to you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our hotel.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We deeply regret that you did not receive the level of service that we strive so hard to achieve. We value you as a guest and we hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Dhan M
MN
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We stay here at least once a year when flying out of MSP. Our first experience a four ago included one of the front desk employees giving us her parking spot as the lot was full and we were doing the Park and Fly. The service has never been below that standard. Helpful staff, great drivers, and decent prices (especially considering whenever we stay we leave a car....parking at MSP or a lot would be WAY more expensive and we like the convenience of heading up the night before a flight), and clean accommodations. It's easily our #1 'go to' hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Cold Spring, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

At check in Stephanie took great care in making sure everything was just right. She was very efficient and extremely pleasant. My room was clean and spacious. The bed was extremely comfortable. I was very pleased with the condition of the room and cleanliness. I have stayed here many times and keep coming back because the service is always good. And I can depend on a great stay. Breakfast in the restaurant was also very good service was excellent selection very good. Always nice to have a hotel you can depend on. Thanks Holiday Inn!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kevin B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eagan
Hampton Inn Minneapolis / Eagan
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Eagan - Minneapolis Area
Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport
Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area? Share your experiences!