I traveled to Minneapolis area for work and booked this hotel after struggling to find any hotels in the area at a rate my work would pay. I was pleasantly surprised with my experience. First, the staff was incredibly nice and efficient. The woman at the desk was able to point me in the direction of nearby areas to run. She also offered me bottled water upon check in on a hot and humid day. No complaints here.
I had the Executive Room, which was on the corner. The room was quiet from other guests (though I was at the end of the hall with only one room next to me, hence the corner). It was plenty big for one person and included a microwave and small fridge. The bed was comfortable and the sheets and bedding felt crisp and new. They are currently renovating by replacing hallway carpet. They appear to be just about finished, and it had no effect on my stay.
The hotel was conveniently located off Interstate 494. I didn't go into downtown Minneapolis, but I used my rental to go to St. Paul, and I was there in 15 minutes door to door. It was incredibly close. It was also a 5 minute drive to the Mall of America, and so close to the airport I could have jogged there. There was also plenty of parking even though the hotel was at full occupancy.
Highlights: really nice pool/hot tub area, decent gym to get the job done while away, cute and inviting outdoor patio area for evening sitting, nice and lively (but not too lively) bar with a hotel happy hour.
Cons (if you can even call them that???): my water pressure in my shower was lousy, but I think this was a problem with a leaky shower head. I told them upon checkout, and the front desk said they would have someone look at it. Didn't bother me though. There are hairdryers but NO HAIR CONDITIONER (ladies and long haired dudes, just remember to pack this!).
Airport noise: Some people have commented on this being loud, so I will weigh in. I'm a pretty heavy sleeper once I am asleep but struggle to fall asleep. It is an airport hotel next to an International Airport - yes, the planes fly overhead. But by that point, they are pretty high above you. From the 4th floor, yes I heard them. But it was more like moderate background noise. I live 3 blocks from an elevated subway in New York and hear that rattle through from a distance when I am home. If you are really fussy or used to living in a vacuum where there is complete silence - this may bother you. By and large, I don't think this would bother the average person.
Eagan - it is a suburb of industrial parks, so not much around. But it is conveniently situated to both cities, mall of America, and further suburbs. There are also a few restaurants nearby and shopping centers for anything you forgot (Walmart is down the road). The hotel is just off the highway exit.
I would recommend this location and stay here again. No frills, but definitely an above average experience. Good for business or family travel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Minneapolis St. Paul Intl. Airport Eagan (Mall of America Area). We offer an exceptional level of guest service, convenience, and value. The hotel often presents different packages including Mall of America, Park, Stay, and Go, and many other packages. Please come visit us often and book your get away today! Located five minutes east of the Minneapolis St. Paul Intl. Airport and the Mall of America, the Holiday Inn offers complimentary transportation to and from both, as well as your business and leisure destinations within five miles of the hotel. We offer complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, restaurant, lounge and meeting rooms. The Holiday Inn also features 24-hour business center, fitness center and gift shop. We thank you for choosing your stay at Holiday Inn MSP Airport/ Eagan (MOA Area). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt Se - Mall Area Hotel Eagan
- Crowne Plaza Eagan
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Eagan
- Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area Eagan, MN