“Last minute”

Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Reviewed 22 July 2014

So I booked this hotel, very last minute. It was a nice stay, plenty of room with a couch, bed and plenty of storage. If you have a car, it is actually close to a lot of things, about 5 min from the Mall of America. Close to both St Paul and Minneapolis. I was placed in a handicap room, which I didn't need, so not having a bathtub was a downside, as well as water on the floor outside the shower. The other negative is that breakfast wasn't included, which for the price, I think it should be. But if breakfast was included, I would definitely stay here again. The staff, very helpful and friendly.

P.S. If you are a light sleeper this might not be the place for you, it is in a direct path for planes taking off and landing, not all night though.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear beccalynn32,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I'm glad to hear you found our staff agent to be friendly and helpful. We're proud of our staff. Moreover, I would like to pologize for any disturbance you have experienced during your stay. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was a little worried when I ended up with this hotel after booking it through a third-party site and reading some of the reviews here. I shouldn't have been. Check in was a breeze; for us, noise was not a problem at all. Perhaps because we were on the second floor, even the airplane noise seemed minimal--and I am a very light sleeper. Loved the beds with the clean, freshly-laundered white duvets and plenty of thick towels in the bathroom. The location was perfect for us. Even though it is in an area with corporate offices, there were plenty of restaurants and stores a short drive away. The pool area was clean and very nice. I do wish that a continental breakfast were provided, but there was plenty of coffee in the lobby in the morning as well as a coffee maker in the room. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Try the second floor if you are worried about airplane noise, and run the air conditioner at night.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The hotel was average, the room was newly refurbished but the air con was very noisy and there was also significant aeroplane noise overhead. The hotel does have a minibus service to and from local offices and the airport which I found very convenient, but the hotel is located near a business park and no nearby facilities are walkable. The breakfast buffet offers a fair selection, but often opens a few minutes late which should be taken into account when booking minibus transport.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Angela J,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the inconvenience the noise had caused you. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Airport pickup while appreciated was unduly slow; driver spent time talking with the hotel about whether to wait for other patrons or not. Continued the cell phone conversation while driving which was disconcerting. Bar was crowded and over noisey - not what I was looking for after a day of travel. Probably 30 patrons in the bar served by just the bar tender. She handled things as gracefully as could be hoped for with just one person, but wait for food and drink was long. Airplane noise is an issue. Elevator slow and squeaky. Main desk computer was down which meant sorting through piles of paper looking for individual reservations. Went next morning to business office to print out files to find out that the printer was out of toner; found someone in the sales office to print for me.

Room Tip: Airplane noise is going to be an issue regardless of where your room is since the hotel is under the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear JOHN D,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise levels prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for a wedding that was taking place near by. I applaud the efforts that the hotel is making on upgrades. However, there was a sign in the elevator that stated that carpet was being replaced the week prior. But the carpet on our floor was not new. The room its self was clean, but looked dark and dreary. There was spots on the walls and you could tell the doors and doorways in the room are not cleaned as there were spots, dirt etc, that was very noticeable. The breakfast room looks like it would be the perfect place to hold a murder mystery dinner theater. It made me kinda uncomfortable and question the cleanliness of restaurant and food areas. Also there is a very interesting picture parrots in a bird cage in the lobby that was rather odd.If convenience is not of importance to you, I would recommend staying somewhere else if you are able.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lindsay R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Lindsay R,

Thank you for leaving us feedback on your recent stay. We appreciate you noticing the ongoing renovations and that you found the rooms clean. It is regrettable, though, that the condition of the hotel, in particular the carpet and breakfast area were a let down during your stay. Your comments are very important to us as this is our best resource for improving the quality and services we offer.

Should your future travels bring you back to Eagan, we would love to welcome you back when you can enjoy all the hotel amenities.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I traveled to Minneapolis area for work and booked this hotel after struggling to find any hotels in the area at a rate my work would pay. I was pleasantly surprised with my experience. First, the staff was incredibly nice and efficient. The woman at the desk was able to point me in the direction of nearby areas to run. She also offered me bottled water upon check in on a hot and humid day. No complaints here.

I had the Executive Room, which was on the corner. The room was quiet from other guests (though I was at the end of the hall with only one room next to me, hence the corner). It was plenty big for one person and included a microwave and small fridge. The bed was comfortable and the sheets and bedding felt crisp and new. They are currently renovating by replacing hallway carpet. They appear to be just about finished, and it had no effect on my stay.

The hotel was conveniently located off Interstate 494. I didn't go into downtown Minneapolis, but I used my rental to go to St. Paul, and I was there in 15 minutes door to door. It was incredibly close. It was also a 5 minute drive to the Mall of America, and so close to the airport I could have jogged there. There was also plenty of parking even though the hotel was at full occupancy.

Highlights: really nice pool/hot tub area, decent gym to get the job done while away, cute and inviting outdoor patio area for evening sitting, nice and lively (but not too lively) bar with a hotel happy hour.

Cons (if you can even call them that???): my water pressure in my shower was lousy, but I think this was a problem with a leaky shower head. I told them upon checkout, and the front desk said they would have someone look at it. Didn't bother me though. There are hairdryers but NO HAIR CONDITIONER (ladies and long haired dudes, just remember to pack this!).

Airport noise: Some people have commented on this being loud, so I will weigh in. I'm a pretty heavy sleeper once I am asleep but struggle to fall asleep. It is an airport hotel next to an International Airport - yes, the planes fly overhead. But by that point, they are pretty high above you. From the 4th floor, yes I heard them. But it was more like moderate background noise. I live 3 blocks from an elevated subway in New York and hear that rattle through from a distance when I am home. If you are really fussy or used to living in a vacuum where there is complete silence - this may bother you. By and large, I don't think this would bother the average person.

Eagan - it is a suburb of industrial parks, so not much around. But it is conveniently situated to both cities, mall of America, and further suburbs. There are also a few restaurants nearby and shopping centers for anything you forgot (Walmart is down the road). The hotel is just off the highway exit.

I would recommend this location and stay here again. No frills, but definitely an above average experience. Good for business or family travel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank AndieGirl5
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Ok so let's start at the front desk, there's a little lady behind the counter that thinks she's to good to wait on people. People 3 deep on right side of counter and she has nobody by her because she's "to busy to check people in". First name begins with an S. Then reservations tells me and others that the restaurant and bar are closed for renovation....nope they weren't. Quality has gone down hill. Will not be back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear BigDannyBear,

Ben J
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eagan
Hampton Inn Minneapolis / Eagan
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan
Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Eagan/St Paul
Sonesta ES Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area? Share your experiences!