“Great Room/Great Hotel”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Reviewed 28 August 2014

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay here. The breakfast was great, the staff was very nice, the free shuttle was convenient. The room was excellent, we took advantage of the in room whirlpool, Bed was very comfortable and it had great pillows. The shower had awesome pressure. The overall condition of the room was excellent, everything was clean.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Joel A, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Thank you for the 4 star review! I am very pleased to see we exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

We stayed here while passing through the area and found everything to be excellent. The staff was friendly when we checked in (very late), the bed was very comfortable, the shower was even wonderful. It had a fancy shower head and the pressure and temperature were just right. We thought the breakfast offered much more than standard fare and every staff person we encountered was pleasant. We didn't need it, but there is a shuttle to the airport and MOA. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the 5 star review! We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to your return to Quality Inn & Suites, Eagan.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

The first room I was given (RM 101) felt completely damp and smelled like the pool next door. I went to the front desk and asked for another room. The clerk didn't appoligize or seem to care much at all about the condition of the room but she quickly switched me to another room (105). this one was a little better but still felt damp. I stayed one of my planned two nights and left because of sinus issues and I couldn't sleep because the air conditioner was so noisy. I suspect the air conditioner was partly to blame for the damp/moldy smell as well. I've stayed at this property before and didn't have any problems but I was upstairs in different (newer?) wing.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Al C
Joel A, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I apologize for the condition of your room and we have our maintainence look into the problem. I appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another try.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Everything was nice and clean. Staff were poliet and helpful. But when I recieved my bill and saw I was over charged it ticked me off. I told myself to go talk with them and everything will be fixed. I was being charged $139.99 for a very basic room. No fridge as I requested. Even after going and talking with an employee and the manager on duty I was still paying ($102 for 2 of our nights and $123.99 for the last night) more then a friend of mine who had a fridge in their room($99 and $114). I contacted the chain the Wednesday (August 6th) after we had gotten home and I'm still waiting to hear back from them (August 12th) Just watch your bill. We will NOT be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Joel A, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to hear of the billing discrepancy. We verify the rate and have every guest initial their rate at check-in to avoid any confussion. We are also in the process of getting fridges in all our guest rooms.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed here while passing through MN recently, and it is definitely nicer than many of the other Quality Inns, as far as the room (we were in a king suite) and furnishings. The breakfast was average, and the people were friendly and efficient. We will definitely stay at this location if we're looking for a hotel in this area again! We did not use the shuttle service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for review and I appreciate your feedback. I am pleased to see we met your expectations and you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed here as I need an extra night while traveling for the All Star game and booked it with points (IHG), to save money. Well the room I got was very nice and appointed, so nothing to complain about it. Breakfast was also pretty descent, though I wasn't impressed by the "Quality Inn Strusel". Now the shuttle was where the biggest problems. I was taking the light rail, so I said they drop me off at the 28th ave station instead of the airport so they could avoid having to pay a fee to the airport. That evening when I came back and I asked them to pick me at 28th ave station. Told me it would be 20 minutes, ended up to be 40 minutes and then we drove around for another hour it seemed picking up other people. Did the same thing again (drop off at 28th) even though I was checking out that morning (big mistake on my part) and then I decided to be picked up at the mall of America because I thought it would only be 20 minutes as they pick up on the 45. Wrong again, because of heavy security at the mall they arrived 30 minutes late!! Would of figured they would of planned on this. I just wanted to get to my next hotel, so I skipped going to Fridays that night. So this place is fine, as long as you don't have to rely on the shuttle.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Joel A, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I appreciate your feedback and apologize for the shuttle issues you experienced. Our shuttle service is normally very reliable. I will look into what happened during your stay so we can make it even better. Again, I am sorry we didn't meet and exceed your expectations regarding the shuttle.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We've stayed at this location many times and had a great visit each time. My e-mail confirmation for the hotel said they are now Quality Inn...same pictures of rooms & pool as Holiday Inn Express at the same address. Here's hoping the experience will continue to be a good one!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Beth W
Joel A, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review. As of July 14th, we converted to a Quality Inn & Suites. We are still offering the same great service and amenities you have enjoyed during your previous stays. We had to convert because we are a 2 story hotel which is no longer allowed with the previous brand. The only change you will see is the name. We look forward to your next stay!