Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Bengaluru, India
“Great value for price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

This is my 4th stay at the hotel. The recent 'grab on the go- breakfast' is a fantastic add to earlier services. I noticed the premises have become much more clean, tidy and a much better Television compared to earlier visits. The staff are very courteous and the shuttle ride the hotel offers to nearby work locations and back - is a life saver - especially on those brutally cold winter days.

Room Tip: Rooms on the East and North side could have 'I35E' road noise. West and South side is much...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South, responded to this review, 23 February 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments about our recently added breakfast are greatly appreciated as well. We look forward to seeing you again when you return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

The room rate was too good to be true. Well now I know why it was so affordable! Although there were several issues with the quality of the room and the service I received, I am only focusing on the bed bugs issue so that others will not have to live through what I did.

I stayed on the 3rd floor of this hotel for several weeks and experienced rashes on my arm and back after the first 2 weeks. Upon medical examination, it was confirmed to be Bed Bug bites. The hotel manager was extremely rude and even went as far as stating "we can't be sure that you didn't bring them". There was no offer to make things right as far as the cost of my clothes and luggage being replaced, or refunding the cost of the room. I moved to another hotel as soon as it was confirmed to be bed bug bites.

The rash is going away, but I will never stay at this Extended Stay again, or recommend that anyone stay at this location. Because this was a business trip, my company will not EVER do business with this location.

Room Tip: Plan on replacing all of your clothes and luggage. Also have some Benedryl handy to address the nast...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank W K
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South, responded to this review, 9 February 2013

rock_on_ku
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

This hotel met my expectations in every way possible as I wasn't looking for 5 star amenities in a 2 star hotel. Got this hotel for a one night crash last weekend after a hectic shopping day at the Mall of America :) Requested a non-smoking room and was granted one since it was available. The hotel looked newly renovated. The room was nice size and the bed was well-made with clean sheets. The toilet was small, but workable. The little kitchenette was clean as well although we didn't use it. For the price we got, I cannot complain. The only complaint I would say is that the blanket was very thin and made of synthetic material that slipped easily off the sheets. For Minnesota winter, it seemed a little strange - but then we could look past it as we had the heat up to be nice and cozy.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
Thank you for your review of our property. I'm glad that we were able to give you all you requested and needed during your stay here with us. Please note, in regards to our blankets, we will be addressing these and forwarding this to our Corporate Offices for further review. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

I had a relatively bad experience initially, There was a person talking on his cell phone all night in the hallway. I called the front desk to complain and they handled the situation promptly.

There isn't anything fancy about the hotel however they provide the basic necessities like towels and soap. Beds are clean . There's no breakfast provided. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South, responded to this review, 8 December 2012
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.
It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of our guest corridors, is an integral part to creating a ""home away from home"" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel do not interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard operating procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Eagan, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

We have stayed in this hotel for months at a time and also for an occasional night at a time. We found it a great place to stay! The rooms are clean,efficiency studio suites with all the necessities provided. All the staff.......all the way from the manager - Jodie; the front staff - Joe and Janelle, (plus more that we are forgetting), to the housekeeping, janitorial staff and groundskeeping are excellent, very helpful, and caring. Great customer service! It is a great place to stay if you are a business looking for a temporary place for your employees to stay, and/or temporary living quarters for any situation that may arise. There is no lease involved plus you get free tv and internet service; washer and dryer in hotel; and great maid service! Thank you Extended Stay America! We don't know what we would have done for temporary living if we hadn't discovered your hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Eleal, Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Thank you for your GREAT review of our property Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan. I'm glad that you found it your GREAT place to stay. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area...
Virginia, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

The exterior and lobby of this hotel looked great, but upon entering our room that had changed. It had a strange "food" odor and we had to keep the windows open for the entire weekend to keep it ventilated. The bathroom was filthy with long dark hairs on the shower walls and tub along with on the floor. There was also some sort of food on the floor in the hallway that stayed in place eventhough housekeeping had been on that floor both days. The garbage outside of a side door entrance was overflowing and had not been emptied the entire weekend. People just kept putting garbage on the ground by the garbage can, which also was not cleaned up. The beds were terrible, rock hard and flat pillows. We had left there on a Sunday and come late that night/early Monday morning we had red, swollen, itchy spots all over our legs and feet. After some research, we concluded that they were more than likely from bedbugs! So, we now have to completely dissinfect our home and wash everything because of the possibility of bringing the dang bugs home with us! I have not contacted the hotel management yet, but will have to see what they say when I do. On a positive note...the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful for arranging a cab/town car reservation and the price was decent. However, that was not enough for me to ever consider staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South, responded to this review, 6 September 2012

Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent an unacceptable situation like yours from occurring. All rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards. We also clean the hallways and rest of the property on a daily basis; it seems the stain in the hallway and overflowing garbage was an oversight that I will be speaking to my staff about.

Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down. In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Willmar, MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

The room was very adequate, however, there were several doors opening and closing late at night and each time the door closed it was very loud. I liked having free wifi and a kitchen in the room. Jen at the front desk was very friendly. Location was OK. I only stayed one night. This hotel would be better for longer stays as the name implies.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about the free WiFi and the the staff, especially Jen. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that outside noise doesn't interfere with a guest's stay. Additionally, our hotels are constructed in such a way as to mitigate the noise from outside disturbances. In the event that you are disturbed by an outside event while in your room, a call to the front desk usually ensures a rapid resolution.