Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
“Race to the Bottom”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This property used to be nice. They even had guest privileges at a health club. not anymore. It's fast on its way to becoming a dump. The kitchens have no kitchen equipment. If you want a coffee pot or a toaster or cups or knives and forks you have to go to the desk and get them. The room is physically old and beaten. In my room the tub has a crack, no, make that a hole in it. This whole place has seen better days. I would skip it. that being said the help here, is quite nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Northofchicago
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so sorry to read that the condition of your room did not meet your expectations. Please know that I will be sharing your comments with my maintenance staff so that we can work on resolving the issue with your bathtub. As well, I regret to read that you were disappointed with your in-room kitchen amenities. Your feedback on this matter will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. I would be happy to speak with you further. I invite you to contact me, at MNE@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Nina Mancino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
cedar rapids
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I arrived exhausted, after driving for hours with my kids, only to find out instead of my king suite with sofa sleeper I was given 1 king bed? I was told I never made the reservation, when I showed my confirmation email I was told they are having a lot of problems with their reservation service, then when I called the reservation company (that I had spoke to numerous times) they said that my room had been changed by the property staff! Finally a manager got on the phone and told me I got bumped by their oil refinery client! Excuse me but me and my kids and my $3000.00(I was planning on staying 35days while they finish school and our family relocates) are just as important to me as your oil refinery client.
Note:
the guy before me in line was asking why there was only 1 double bed in his room when he reserved 2 and he got the lame answer that they were booked solid and the manager would not be in until morning. I was not settling for that and it is too bad he stormed away mad before finding out the truth. They overbook and hope you'll just stay at their hotel to get your money and the oil companies!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank haddasah7
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the booking issues you experienced during the check-in process. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our reservations policy and guest protocol to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, mne@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for the comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Cumberland, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Booked this hotel via priceline, so didn't pick on my own, it was assigned to us. Checkin was great. Parking was scarce; it wasn't a large lot to begin with + snow made stalls smaller + they had a shuttle/van (that looked to be broke down) taking up two spaces. The room was nicely put together, nice floors, cabinets (kitchenette) bedding, etc. Bathroom was nice, but toilet was small, short and clogged. No plunger in room. Went to front desk for a plunger, and they didn't have one and couldnt find any in the whole building. They told us to check back in the morning with Maintenance...Umm that didn't help us for the night. We were checking out at 5:30am to catch a flight. They also didn't have a public restroom in the lobby and didnt offer to move us to another room. Needless to say, we had to stay in our room with a non flushing toilet that had; yet still needed to use it.

Room Tip: bring your own plunger
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kallenbachn
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear about the issues you had with your toilet. I apologize that our staff was not able to locate a plunger or assist you in moving rooms. Please accept my apology. Your feedback will be very helpful as we continue to improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at MNE@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.
Deer Park, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 January 2014

No washcloths. Sheets didn't fit the bed (kept coming off). No pad on the ironing board. Smoke alarm went off when running a hot shower. Very strong smell from work they were doing in the hotel. I'll never stay here again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank wriver3
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The experience you described is truly regrettable and I sincerely apologize. It is unacceptable that you were rented a room that was not fully furnished with linens or the proper amenities and is not how we ensure a "home away from home" experience for our guests. While we are being refreshed, we are doing our best to make sure that the hotel is well ventilated to minimize odors caused by the work our contractors are completing. I am sorry that our efforts are falling short and you were unhappy with your stay. To prevent this from happening again, my team is checking every room and addressing anything missing prior to our guests checking in. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at MNE@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Nina Mancino
Skokie, Illinois
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Ok experience. Very friendly service. Rooms were clean. Amenities provided all that we needed for an average hotel. About a 10 minute drive from the Mall of America and accessible to all other attractions around the St. Paul/Minneapolis area. Only complaint was the strange odor in the hallways on the third floor. Fortunately the rooms doesn't smell like the hallways. Basically you get what you paid for.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our staff and the cleanliness of your room. As well, it s great to know that you liked our hotels location. As for the odor on the third floor, our maintenance staff is working to eliminate this as soon as possible so that it does not affect future guests.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I had confirmed my reservation and type of room that morning only to discover that at 4:00 that afternoon, there had been a change in the type of room which was not acceptable to us. We were unhappy about being "bumped" but the hotel made it right by helping us get a refund which came within a couple of business days. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Karey - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that the room you reserved via Priceline was not available upon check-in. Still, I am very glad that our staff was able to remedy the situation in the end. Please know, as this hotels manager, I can assure you that I am going to check our inventory on a daily basis moving forward to ensure that this type of issue is not repeated.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at men@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Monroe, Connecticut
Reviewed 18 August 2013

What an awful experience. First of all, the room smelled. Musty and old. The pillows looked like they had been laid on. The kitchen had two spoons and a fork, nothing else. Worst of all, they mislead us. We asked about having a room with a bedroom, a separate bedroom, so we could put our one year old to sleep. They said they had that. LIE. They have rooms with a half wall. Nothing like what they said. The floors were so dirty in the room, that my daughter crawled around for 10 minutes and her knees were black.

Plus, this is the only hotel I have ever been to that did not have anything for a child. No cribs, no pack and play, nothing. And when we asked...they just said "well it is not on the list of amenities." We left as soon as we could find another place.

There are plenty of better options in Eagan. I would not stay there again. Would rather sleep in my car.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Go up the street to another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AriMT
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Hi there,

I read your review and I wanted to take the opportunity to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that we were not able to offer accommodations with a separate sleeping area for you and your family. I have shared your review with my team and discussed the importance of clearly communicating our room layout to our guests during the reservation and check in processes. This should also include discussing any additional items, such as cribs, with guests who may have a need for them. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at MNE@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future. Thank you again.