“Wonderful Stay!”

SpringHill Suites Minneapolis Eden Prairie
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Springhill Suites has now become my FAVORITE hotel!! I made arrangements for 55 ladies to stay overnight at Eden Prairiem MN while we attended a ladies conference nearby. Even before we arrived - the service was amazing as i worked with their Account Executive, Michael, who paved the path for us! Check in went so smoothly and the staff was there to serve! The rooms were so spacious and clean! The breakfast was great - even starting earlier than they normally do to accommodate the schedule of our conference! I'd give this hotel and staff a 5++

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We were on an extended 4 state road trip and stayed in some nice hotels along the way. Omni, Sheratons, Hilton.
Originally booked this hotel for two night...just to try it out to see if we liked it first. We read some negative reviews so we didn't want to commit beyond a couple of days.
But Once we got there and spent the first 2 night... we extended for two additional nights.

Pros:
Very Spacious rooms: with a separate living room/work desk .
Sink, microwave and small refrigerator (not even at the better 4 star hotels)
Free internet
Free parking
2 flat panel TV’s
Plenty of sockets to charge iPhones , pads and computers, camera battery…all at the same time. (some of the better hotels lacked enough plugins)
Night light from hairdryer (so you don't have to stumble around in the dark when going to the bathroom)
Excellent front desk service
Clean room.
Decent hot breakfast: milk cereal, scrambled eggs, sausauge, cold cuts and cheese, fresh cut fruit, yogert, hot oatmeal, bagals , toast and rolls
Laundry room
Good Location: within a mile of a major shopping mall, Costco, Home Depot, etc.

Cons: no in-room safe. You can deposit your valuables at the front desk. I think in-room safes are becoming standard in hotels so this was my only disappointment.

The reviews/complaints about the hotel being run down seem to have been addressed by management. The place has undergone a recent facelift. They were replacing the roof while we were there.

The issues about poor front desk service seemed to have been addressed.
We spent a lot of time down in the lobby waiting for our relatives to arrive and noted that the people on duty at the front desk were always prompt, polite , and helpful. to guests

As I mentioned I stayed at the Omni, 2 Sheratons and a Hilton on this road trip and although this hotel isn't in the same league as those hotels, it was to BEST hotel on our tour.

While other hotels were more expensive and featured lots of marble and mahogany…they often charged for little things like parking or internet access.
Plus several of the 4 star hotels we stayed at were a little dated and tired.
The SpringHill Suites Minneapolis/Eden Prairie was cleaner, more up-to-date and more spacious than any of the other hotels we visited (probably because it has recently been remodeled)….and internet, parking and breakfast were INCLUDED.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TheTourist2010
Springhill-EP, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thanks so much for such a wonderfully detailed review and for acknowledging the transformation of our hotel! We have worked very hard on refreshing our property and energizing our staff so the fact that you noticed it makes me very pleased! On behalf of the entire staff at the SpringHill Suites, thank you for choosing us (then extending your stay)! Mike

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Was looking forward to another great stay here as we have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the last few years. Check in went well and we got up to our room and found it to be on the very end of a hallway and spotless as usual. Being on the end we thought that it would be quieter. Not so! Trying
to lay down for a late afternoon nap while my husband used the workout room, i was awakened by a nagging banging, that after investigating, it seemed to be coming from inside a three wall area. I went down to the front desk and reported it to the Saturday afternoon clerk. He sent someone and of course it couldn't be heard until he left and then my husband and I both began to hear it again and put up with it until we checked out on Monday morning. The least they could have done was put us in another room when they had another available on Sunday night. They clerk upon seeing us at breakfast on Monday stated someone had checked our room again Sunday while we were out and they too heard
it and stated it was air in the pipes they thought. We told her we had heard it all night Saturday and Sunday along with screaming kids, and it was annoying!! We thought they would have done something to amend our stay as we had reported it, but they didn't.
We really like this hotel for the great location, the spacious rooms, and for the great morning breakfast included in your stay. The workout room is also nice, they could use a fan to circulate air in though.
Over all we would stay again at this location, but we will be making sure they put us in a quieter room and make sure they move us if the noise level becomes unbearable!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank NaNaBooh
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This used to be my hotel of choice, and would have been for years to come, 2 days every 2 weeks. But something came up this weekend and because I called them to move the reservation one hour too late, they wouldn't let me move it, so I'm losing $200 for nothing. They are more concerned with their policy then giving a regular customer a break to keep my business. Did they follow thier rules? Yep. But a GOOD company would work with a customer in hopes of gaining future business. I was planning to use this same hotel for a long time, certainly not now.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TheTraveler359
Springhill-EP, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

I am so sorry to hear about your disappointment regarding our reservation policies. Please call me directly at 952-769-2031 and we can discuss in person. I do not want to lose a valuable customer over something like this so let's chat and fix the issue. Thanks for posting your feedback. Regards, Mike

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Very loud guests drinking and partying in the breakfast lounge. Kids running around unsupervised until very late at night but the rooms are quiet and the doors close softly. Helpful staff and breakfast wasn't half bad. I guess you get what you pay for.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Springhill-EP, Manager at SpringHill Suites Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Christopher5544,

Thank you so much for leaving your feedback for our hotel. We appreciate all feedback guests are willing to share to help improve their hotel experience. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and quiet rooms. I would like to personally apologize for any noise issues you had during your stay and hope that if in Eden Prairie again, you will give us another chance to prove to you how great our hotel is. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me directly at the hotel.

April Burfeind

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We are currently "enjoying" a 3-night stay at this hotel. We picked the Springhill Suites in Eden Prairie for its location central to our planned activities and reasonable price. When booking by phone, the lady said she would request extra towels for our family of 5 and asked if we needed anything else. I asked for a room close to the pool for our kids who love swimming. I would say that this stay does NOT live up to the Marriott standard. I was a little worried when we checked in and there were people everywhere in the lobby and pool area. The place was packed and apparently a bus of hockey players were staying here. The number of people was not so bad except the hotel did nothing to control this rambunctious crew. While I was waiting to check in, the desk person could not keep track of who was next and was helping kids that just walked up to desk and kept me waiting. They had no record of the "extra towels" or room by the pool so we were put on the third floor. The main elevator didn't work and it took us a while to find the other. We took the stairs all the others times. We had teenagers playing hockey in the hallway outside our room and drunk adults being just as loud. We got into our room and filled the fridge with my usual snacks for the kids but the fridge didn't seem to be cooling like it should. The next morning I asked the front desk to check on it since I had things like yogurt that were not being kept at the right temp. The maintenance person showed up 24 hours later!!! The temp was set too low but the temp control was behind a panel preventing guest from doing their own adjustments. The room reservation was for two queen beds, but I cannot believe the beds were anything but doubles. My husband thought the beds were uncomfortable but I just think it was because they were too small. Finally you should not be fooled by the panoramic pics of the pool on the Internet. It is much smaller in person, but our kids still had fun in it. I do think the location was good, the hotel was clean, and the breakfast was a nice hot breakfast. These qualities made it a good value. However, it seemed more like a spring break in Mexico rather than a relaxing family trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mothero3
Springhill-EP, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you mothero3 for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback regarding your stay with us. Providing a comfortable and problem free stay for our guests is our number one goal, but we obviously failed to deliver this promise to you and your family and I am deeply sorry for that. It is correct that we had a couple youth sports teams here at the hotel and we must do a better job of communicating with the parents and group leaders to ensure that all of our guests are able to enjoy their experience at our hotel. I would love to takes some time to speak with you directly about the other issues you mentioned and together we can make sure the issues are addressed and that you hang up the phone with me feeling cared for and compensated for your poor experience. Please feel free to call me directly at the hotel. Thanks again for your direct and honest feedback. Mike LaLonde - General Manager

Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Room was ok and the bed comfortable. Disappointed that the hot water wasn't exactly hot and the air conditioner/ heater fan was way too noisy. Breakfast pretty typical but they did have name brand cereal, yogurt, oatmeal and bananas. Friendly staff and a good location close to several good restaurants.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business