“Great stay”

SpringHill Suites Minneapolis Eden Prairie
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here two nights for business. Located right next to a mall and a bunch of restaurants in the area and right next to the highway as well. Rooms were very clean and up to date. Some say the bed was hard, but it was fine for me. Two Tvs in the room, a wet bar area, fridge, microwave and desk area. Front desk staff was very friendly and it seemed genuine. Even asked of I prefer where my room was located. There is a not large nut a nice pool area and exercise room. The breakfast Iin the morning is a nice selection of items. If I had to say a negative about the place is, whoever did the wallpaper did a sub-par job. There several corners where you can see it start to peel, but other than that all the furniture and fixtures were up to date and looked good. Enjoyed my stay and will definetly look to return when I'm in the area again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Springhill-EP, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thanks so much for your very nice comments about the hotel and staff! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again! Mike LaLonde/ General Manager

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Minneapolis Eden Prairie

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I stay there during business trips because it's conveniently located off the highway off a side street, it has a kitchenette, is walking distance to the mall w sidewalks (to get fresh air and exercise), and an inexpensive selection of places to eat (even cub foods is next door). The mall has a movie house to bide time. Recommended too for female solo travelers and families.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2014

There were four adults. One of them gets up early so having the living room space and desk was a great advantage for this early riser. Breakfast was very good with a nice selection of hot and cold food. The hotel was up to date and clean. The reason I did not give 5 stars is because we found the beds to be to hard. Housekeeping did not have foam or egg carton insert to make the beds more comfortable. So we did not sleep well, which was a bummer.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We are a family of 5, so chose the 2 bed and pullout couch room for our 1 night's stay. The staff was really what made this hotel stand out. The check-in was friendly and efficient. After a great pizza (Sarpino's) recommendation, they were also kind enough to offer to find us in the pool area when our pizza arrived, so we didn't have to wait in the room.

The room was clean and smelled fresh - the 2 queen-sized beds were comfortably firm with nice soft bedding and lots of pillows, the pullout was not nearly as comfortable, but ok for a single night. There are 2 flat screens which my 9 year liked as he could watch Disney, while the rest of us watched a movie. There was a seperate desk area, and the bathroom sink was outside the shower area. We also liked having a small fridge and in-room coffee maker.

The pool area is good - gets super loud with more than 4-5 people in the area. The pool was a good temp, not too cold. And the jacuzzi tub was clean and hot - perfect after a long travel day!

Overnight, there were no loud guests, and the room muffled the hallway noise well, so we all got a good night's sleep. The breakfast was average - would have liked to have seen more fresh fruit, but the eggs and waffles satisfied our family.

The hotel is located in an area where you can walk to shopping and restaurants, as well as having easy access to 494. The only negative for me at this point was having my credit card charged twice for the same room...still waiting for them to credit the extra charges.

Room Tip: This is a 4 story hotel, so the upper floors are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I come to this hotel every year for business trips. It's located in Eden Prairie, a very quiet place. It takes 20 min drive to DownTown without traffic. If you don't mind some silence, or prefer some relaxing time with family, this will be quite ideal.

The hotel and its room are clean and comfortable. I like that each floor has washer and dryers which are coin-operated. Gym is small, but good enough for cardio.

If you plan to visit this hotel and rent a car during winter, be prepared to clean the snow on top of your car and scrap the ice away...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Springhill-EP, Manager at SpringHill Suites Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Charly186,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad you enjoy our hotel and area! I will share your information with the rest of my staff. We look foward having you stay with us in the future and appreciate your loyalty (even in the cold Minnesota winters)!

Take care,

April Burfeind
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I just completed a 2 weeks stay at the hotel for a business trip. Our offices are located less than a mile from the hotel, so the location is ideal, plus I only had one other option from my company to stay at some my choices were limited. This hotel was recently upgraded and the new common area was a lot nicer than last year when I stayed here for 3 weeks. The rooms were also upgraded, but I did no see much improvement to be honest. The beds were ok, a little hard for my taste, but not terrible. The pillows on the other had were atrocious. No support and I left there needing to see my chiropractor for an adjustment. The TV stations have improved if you are looking to just stay in for the night. The free internet option was sub-par and I do't feel that paying for internet should even be something to consider in this day and age. I was getting faster connections with my 4G hotspot then I was on the hotel wifi. This is an area the hotel should really improve. The breakfast was ok, but I did miss the mini omelettes they had last year. Overall, this is an average hotel and would be good if they upgraded their internet and pillows.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow and don't try to stream over the free wifi.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bill W

Dear Bill W,

I thank you for writing your experience at the SpringHill Suites and welcome any feedback we can get to make improvements at our hotel. I'm sorry that our beds and pillows did not meet your comfort level and will have our housekeeping department look in to replacing all necessary pillows throughout the hotel as needed. I have also alerted my maintenance staff to the issues with your internet service. Again, I'm sorry that your stay was only satisfactory and hope that you will give us another oppurtunity to prove what a great hotel we are. If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact me.

April Burfeind
952-944-7700

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed in a two bedroom suite and it was perfect for the three of us. There was a television in each bedroom and also one in the living room. Having the fridge, microwave and dishes helped with leftovers from dining out. We also got to use the pool at the Marriott property (TownPlace Suites) next door for no charge. There was plenty of parking and the location was convenient for visits to the Mall Of America and IKEA.
The front desk was very helpful with extra pillows and blankets when we needed them.

Room Tip: We liked our 2 bedroom suite.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jonesfamily23
Springhill-EP, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and that you took the time to write your review. On behalf of my entire staff here at the SpringHill Suites, we say THANKS!! Mike LaLonde/ General Manager.